Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st time boat owner-gctid354858

Hello everyone,

well like the title says, first time boat owner. We bought a 1992 Bayliner 2052 Capri Cuddy that honestly looks brand new. The owner said there is no hour meter but it's his 8th boat and looks to have well under 500 hours on it. We ended up paying 5500 for it, did I do good or is that an average going price? Any way, any boating tips would be appreciated. I plan on taking a boater safety course along with my Wife. Here's to a good summer!:beer-

Congrats! and welcome to the BOC. Lots of info and experience here.

Comment

Welcome to BOC!

Comment

Welcome to BOC

As far as the price, as long as you love your boat that is what matters most.
        Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
        1998 3055 Ciera
        (yes, a 1998)
        Previous boat: 1993 3055
        Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
        Sea Doo XP
        Sea Doo GTI SE
        Life is short. Boats are cool.
        The family that plays together stays together.
        Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

itsabowtime2 wrote:
          Welcome to BOC

As far as the price, as long as you love your boat that is what matters most.
          Thanks, It seems like a fair price but if I could find the same thing for a thousand less I would love it even more! lol.

Comment

Welcome to the website........

Where do you boat?

As a member of the United States Power Squadron www.usps.org if you have never heard of us. congrats on going to take the safe boating class!!! Job well done! Your wife and yourself will learn a whole heck of alot by take taking this course. Very smart move.

And beside that..... make sure you let your insurance agent know that the both of you have passed your class and you will get a discount on your rates. Gee you might even want to join us........

While you are taking your class ask about getting a Vessel Safety Check on your new boat. This is a freebe that is done by the USPS or the USCGA. Doesn't cost you a thing and you get a sticker when your boat passes and again turn this into your insurance agent and get another discount. Being smart and saving money....isn't boating fun!

Good luck to you and your new boat.

Roger
            2001 Maxum 3000 SCR
            Twin 5.0L w/ Bravo 2

Comment

Congrats lots of good info for you on boc

Comment

Working...
              X