Rear-View Mirror Quandry-gctid354672

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear-View Mirror Quandry-gctid354672

Would like a rear-view mirror for my Bayliner 175 but am having a hard time finding one that works.

The windshield frame on my craft is rounded, not square, but all the mirrors I've seen have a clip/clamp that is square. But when you attach the mirror and turn the thumbscrews to tighten the mirror to the windshield frame, it pops off, not surprisingly. I've had to return a couple to my boat dealership for a refund.

Does anyone know of a mirror that has a curved attachment piece? Just looking for an inexpensive, modest-size mirror.

I guess I could use the squared one and try to put some kind of material (cloth/cardboard, whatever) on the windshield frame and/or the clamp, but who wants to mess around with something like that?

I've seen suction-cup mirrors but they would have to attach to the windshield glass, and I wanted my mirror higher than that, on the top of the windshield frame.

Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated.

My new F150 has a backup camara, it is great. Wonder how a wide view camara would work on a boat, I may have to look in to it myself.
    Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
    Twin 350 GM power
    Located in Seward, AK
    Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Working...
    X