2002 Galley faucet-gctid354610

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2002 Galley faucet-gctid354610

I'm trying to find out who made the faucet, I need to replace the ceramic disc valve. I called Shurflo - Ambassador, as it looked like it was one of their faucets, but they said it wasn't. Called the local Bayliner dealer, they were not sure either, Gohne was a suggestion, but again, no good. Anyone have an idea of who made the galley faucets in '02? The head faucet is whale and I believe the transom is shurflo/whale too, but the galley has no markings.

Thanks,

Rob

Perhaps bayliner customer service could assist?

Comment

Hi Rob,

I believe the manufacturer to be Scandvik. Not 100% sure.

Here's a link to the page on their web site that has the probable models:

http://www.scandvik.com/index.cfm/me.../CatId/106.htm

Hope this helps,

Richard.

Comment

I think you're right, I'm going to give them a call today. I'd hate to replace the entire faucet for a $10 part.

Thanks

Comment

The good news is Scandvik is claiming the faucet is theirs, the bad news is that they want $31 + shipping for the replacement part. I think a new Delta faucet from Home Depot is going in. It will be a nice upgrade to the galley.

Comment

I have the same boat and I'm sure the same faucet. I'd never spend any kind of money repairing that one. I don't know about you, but I find the dual control awkward in that spot. You kind of have to reach around the back to get to the cold. I'd go with a single lever. Because of the connection on the bottom, I'm not sure a household faucet from Home Depot would work though.

Comment

I agree Ralph, a single lever will be more user friendly. I'm pretty sure the connections are standard 1/2" going from the flexible s/s tubing to the whale connection, so a Home Depot Delta should work. I'm eyeing one for $65 for a spring launch project. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

Replaced our galley faucet with a Home Depot (or Lowes, can't remember) model, single lever w/separate spray attachment. Very easy installation, works like a champ. Much better than the old one.

Comment

You guys are going to have to let me know how you make that work. Sorry to sound ignorant, but I'm sure mine is connected to flex lines via those weird compression fittings. There must be some mod that needs to be done right?

Comment

Working...
                  X