Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of buying a (39)95 3055 Ciera. I have a question? Please Help if you can.-gctid354182

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of buying a (39)95 3055 Ciera. I have a question? Please Help if you can.-gctid354182

I'm looking at a 1995 3055 Ciera. She is MINT! But her power plant is mercruiser 350 and bravo 3. Is this enough for this boat? I'm concerned that full of fuel, water, gear, and friends, she will not perform at all. Any thoughts? This will be my first cruiser and i want to get it right.

Thanks to anyone and everyone that can shed light on this for me.

-Greg

She will not be a speed demon, but the B3 will help. I am assuming it is the 260hp 350. Dry weight on the boat is 8,000lbs. I would guess top speed in the low 30's. I did not know that Bayliner put 1 small block into this boat. It was usually 1 BB with a Bravo drive, or twin SBC with Alpha's. There are a few twin 5 cylinder diesels with Bravo set up out there. I wonder if this is a re-power?? Are you sure she is a 1995? Bayliner had the 3055 thru 1994, then had a break in production till 1999 when the second generation 3055 came out. Could it be a 2655 if it is a 1995?
    Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
    1998 3055 Ciera
    (yes, a 1998)
    Previous boat: 1993 3055
    Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
    Sea Doo XP
    Sea Doo GTI SE
    Life is short. Boats are cool.
    The family that plays together stays together.
    Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

I'm not sure. It's being listed by my marina as a 95. I'm trying to get the hull # so that I can call bayliner. If it were a 2658 how long would she measure? She's about 31'

Comment

itsabowtime2 wrote:
        She will not be a speed demon, but the B3 will help. I am assuming it is the 260hp 350. Dry weight on the boat is 8,000lbs. I would guess top speed in the low 30's. I did not klnow that Bayliner put 1 small block in to this boat. It was usually 1 BB with a Bravo drive, or twin SBC with Alpha's. There are a few twin 5 cylinder diesels with Bravo set up out there. I wonder if this is a re-power?? Are you sure she is a 1995? Bayliner had the 3055 thru 1994, then had a break in production till 1999 when the second generation 3055 came out. Could it be a 2655 if it is a 1995?
        Azimut is my dream boat as well

Comment

The 1991-1994 3055 according to Bayliner spec was 30' 9" (10' beam). Do you have a link to the ad for the boat?
          1998 3055 Ciera
          (yes, a 1998)
          Sea Doo XP
          Sea Doo GTI SE

Comment

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...iera-100132891

This is the link to the listing. Im really hoping she will perform. I really like this boat.

Comment

Greg68S wrote:
              http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...iera-100132891

This is the link to the listing. Im really hoping she will perform. I really like this boat.
              She looks like the 2855. The 2655 did not have the arch. There are many members with the 2855 1995-1998 model just like that one.
              1998 3055 Ciera
              (yes, a 1998)
              Sea Doo XP
              Sea Doo GTI SE

Comment

and welcome to BOC!!
                1998 3055 Ciera
                (yes, a 1998)
                Sea Doo XP
                Sea Doo GTI SE

Comment

I just purchased a 94 ciera 3055 its build date was december 1994 but they did not have a 1995 model year. That boat I believe is a 2855. A friend of mine has an older 2855 with a 260 hp 5.7 liter with a volvo outdrive and it gets up and goes just fine. That boat looks sharp as long as it all checks out and fits your needs I wouldn't be worried about the single 5.7

Comment

That's a '95 2855. I haven't seen it being advertised as a 30 ft boat before.

Comment

That explains a lot. She is extremely clean. And im really excited about my sea trial/survey. Thanks to everyone. I feel a lot better now. And thank you I'm glad to be a part of BOC.

Comment

Greg68S wrote:
                        That explains a lot. She is extremely clean. And im really excited about my sea trial/survey. Thanks to everyone. I feel a lot better now. And thank you I'm glad to be a part of BOC.
                        She looks clean and cared for. Best of luck with the sea trial and survey.
                        2003 Bayliner 305 - SOLD!
                        Twin 5.7L, Carb'd, 445 hours
                        Bravo II drives
                        Closed-cooling

Comment

Working...
                        X