The Perfect Compact Oven-gctid352219

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Perfect Compact Oven-gctid352219

The wife has been bugging me for the past few years to get an additional oven in the house because she likes cooking up a storm. Problem is space so I finally gave in and decided to try a countertop one. Every thing I tried in the past was basically a toy. Temps were way off, cooked poorly ect,ect. Read several reviews online and all were extremely positive so I bit the bullet on this. http://www.amazon.com/Breville-BOV80.../dp/B001L5TVGW

Have used it now for a few months and it does everything my big oven does except take on a Turkey. I am so pleased I ordered a second unit for the boat. Although not that big, it can swallow a 13" pizza no problem. The wife has baked and roasted and broiled and everything is just perfect. Even does great toast.
    Cheers, Hans
    2007 Carver 41 CMY
    Twin Volvo D6-370
    Montreal, Canada
    Midnight Sun I Photos

Well, THAT'S one that my Honda 1000 isn't gonna run!
    2007 Discovery 246
    300mpi BIII
    Welcome island Lake Superior

Comment

Theoretically I believe the Honda 2000 can but it is sooo borderline it would be revved out to the max. As for the 1000, try this. :right http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Bake-3523.../dp/B001DI4VN0

I will remove my microwave from it's cavity and install this oven instead. (our micro never gets used) I do not recommend anyone to do this as these are not meant to be built in rather simply put on the counter. The resulting heat could cause some overheating issues needless to say a fire. Why can I do it? I have installed a metal heat shield in the microwave compartment of Midnight Sun which protects from the heat. I have also installed a 100 degree thermostatically controlled fan in same compartment which cuts in and operates until temps dip below 100. Pretty neat and safe install if I say so myself. :drama
      Cheers, Hans
      2007 Carver 41 CMY
      Twin Volvo D6-370
      Montreal, Canada
      Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

Hans, I think I'll go for the EZ Bake. Looks like I could manage that one.

Is your new Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1080i HD? :kidding

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
        2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
        Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
        Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
        Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

lol

Comment

the easy bake is only good for cookies...

Comment

MidnightSun wrote:
              Theoretically I believe the Honda 2000 can but it is sooo borderline it would be revved out to the max.
              I think a better question to ask would be how many gallons of gasoline does it take to bake a pizza?

I never understood the rationale behind converting one form of energy into another (and enduring the inefficiency associated with every step of the process) in lieu of a process that can be done more efficiently. A propane oven converts the energy from propane into heat directly with little energy lost in the first place.

Bradner... I think this is probably one of the more efficient convection ovens you can buy, but it is still going to give your generator a beating. If you use it infrequently or for heating things up, it might work fine. But for cooking a pizza -- and to do it correctly, you would need to be able to hold 450 degrees F for 10-15 minutes...it's going to to max out many small generators on the market.

Comment

This was never meant as a suggestion for running it off of a portable and you are correct most if not all will choke unless you have a unit bigger than a 2000. This is more for shore power while at dock or larger built in genny. I have a 5,000 watt unit in Midnight Sun. The built-in gen completely changed our boating style and type of stuff we carry on board. Still have the Honda 2000 but it is in my garage collecting dust but it still gets used on a hunting trip now and then.
                Cheers, Hans
                2007 Carver 41 CMY
                Twin Volvo D6-370
                Montreal, Canada
                Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

Pictures of unit installed.

Cheers, Hans
                  2007 Carver 41 CMY
                  Twin Volvo D6-370
                  Montreal, Canada
                  Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

Making toast? Priceless

Comment

Saintjon wrote:
                      Making toast? Priceless
                      Well yes however after a mega boat breakfast, eggs, bacon, brown beans in maple syrup, toast, coffee and freshly squeezed juice, my wife said put one more slice in the oven as she was still hungry. I happened to take the picture right after.
                      Cheers, Hans
                      2007 Carver 41 CMY
                      Twin Volvo D6-370
                      Montreal, Canada
                      Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

Working...
                      X