Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric Toliet-gctid352160

Hi,

I think I might change out my manual toliet to an electric one. Everytime I have a guest they are clueless on how to use it.

Came across this Jabsco toliet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noU0K5k9LyE

Does anyone have this toliet? Easy to use? Reilable? Was getting 12 VDC easy?

Also, installation pictures would be great. Especially 3055/305 models where did you mount the controller? How did you fish the wires for 12VDC? Where did you pick up power from?

Thanks,

Steve

I was kinda frightened at first I envisioned something like an electric chair Although I don't have one that is a very nice throne now you really can "enjoy the go"

Comment

Yes, I will opt for the 17" seat instead of the 14" if it fits in the 3055 as a direct replacement.

Those original seats are tiny!

Comment

Check out the raritan "marine elegance" toilet- best electric head out there on the market! Get the one with the smart flush controls. We installed on our Monk trawler and it is the best marine toilet I've seen.
        ~~1987 Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse & 17' Boston Whaler Dauntless~~

Comment

I have to check the brand of my electric toilet. I forgot it... But it works flawlessly and I would never go back to another pump style...

I can check tomorrow for the brand...

Very easy to replace what was there and the hard part was running power and finding a good spot for the electric pump. I mounted the switches above the head. One for filling and one for emptying... (you can see the black rectangle above the john):

I located the pump under the stairs.
          Doug ;}
          MMSI: 338068776
          "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

Woodsong wrote:
            Check out the raritan "marine elegance" toilet- best electric head out there on the market! Get the one with the smart flush controls. We installed on our Monk trawler and it is the best marine toilet I've seen.
            +1 for the Raritan Elegance. Looks just like a residential toilet and is attractive as far as toilets is concerned. Main test is that wife now feels comfortable on the boat. It has great flush, push button activated and can be ordered to use sea or fresh flush water. Quality is great too. Highly recommend them. Vic at Raritan is also great help if anything goes wrong. High quality holding tanks can be ordered via Raritan as well and I can attest to the quality of those too (got both water and holding from them). Best prices I found were at defender.com.Gary.

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....JPG&#91;/img]

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg&#91;/img]

Comment

Looks like a nice unit.

I also like Johnson's new 5 diaphram wash-down pump that the first video links us to.

70 psi ..... whoah!

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
              2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
              Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
              Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
              Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Been thinking about one of these as well.

I have a new, 9 gallon water tank. Would it be crazy of me to use it as a dedicated water supply for the toilet?

And by switching to electric I should be able to relocate the holding tank to the bilge area as well, I think.
                Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
                1998 3055 Ciera
                (yes, a 1998)
                Previous boat: 1993 3055
                Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
                Sea Doo XP
                Sea Doo GTI SE
                Life is short. Boats are cool.
                The family that plays together stays together.
                Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

Bayliner 3-0-5-5 wrote:
                  Hi,

I think I might change out my manual toliet to an electric one. Everytime I have a guest they are clueless on how to use it.

Came across this Jabsco toliet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noU0K5k9LyE

Does anyone have this toliet? Easy to use? Reilable? Was getting 12 VDC easy?

Also, installation pictures would be great. Especially 3055/305 models where did you mount the controller? How did you fish the wires for 12VDC? Where did you pick up power from?

Thanks,

Steve
                  Nice find!! Like the fact that the unit is made as a direct replacement for existing Jabsco manual head as this makes install a snap. Also like the fact that it claims "virtually silent". Might need to add this to my to do list this winter. Thanks.
                  Cheers, Hans
                  2007 Carver 41 CMY
                  Twin Volvo D6-370
                  Montreal, Canada
                  Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

Hi,

Is there a certain Raritan Elegance model # I should be looking for? Is it a true replacement to my existing manual Jabsco? (Foot print and bolt pattern?)

Also, found this video to show the different Jabsco toliets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1Ie_r-91YQ

Go Aweigh thanks for the picture. I'm going by the boat today to scope out the 12VDC run and if I need an angle back.

Steve

Comment

West Marine has this Lite flush toilet now for 479.00 minus a 50.00 promo . So 429.00 and you can get free shipping . Im in . thanks for the link.

Comment

I have the jabsco electric and it works fine....I change the hose right back to the tank as that adaptor is not a good thing!

Comment

lolar3288 wrote:
                          I have the jabsco electric and it works fine....I change the hose right back to the tank as that adaptor is not a good thing!
                          Do you have the "lite" model as shown in the initial post?
                          Cheers, Hans
                          2007 Carver 41 CMY
                          Twin Volvo D6-370
                          Montreal, Canada
                          Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

Swampnut just put a new Jabsco in his 3055, and based on his recommendation, I am installing same. Hopefully he'll chime in, and I think he posted on it. You might try a search...
                            Jeff & Tara
                            (And Ginger too)
                            Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
                            "GetAway"
                            Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

We installed the Raritan Sea Era II household size a few years ago. It has worked well.

I installed the model with seperate water and waste pumps.
                              Jim McNeely
                              New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
                              Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
                              Brighton, Michigan USA
                              MMSI # 367393410

Comment

Working...
                              X