Collinite 920

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collinite 920

Just wanted to talk about a couple of products I just started using that really help with keeping my boat look good.
    First is Collinite 920, This was an accident, I thought I was buying a cleaner wax but it ended up being just a cleaner. But let me say if your boats fiberglass is well taken care of and doesn't have major oxidation this product is incredible. It is so easy to use either by hand or with a buffer. after applying it I realized my hull was not as white as it should be, this stuff really deep cleans and restores the color back to the original color. The fiberglass even feels different, very smooth and applying wax seems easier. The only area it didn't seem to work well on is the painted blue of my hull sides, there I just stick with Finesse it.
    The other product I started to use last year is Gtechniq C2 v3 Liquid Crystal, it is a sealer that I apply after waxing, and I also apply it every month in the season. Last year I never did a mid season wax, I just wipe this stuff on and back off every month, and the boat had a great shine the entire season. So if anyone is looking to make life on the water easier I highly recommend these products.

Dave
    2004 Bayliner 305(twin 220hp Bravo II drives)
    2008 Yamaha FX Cruiser
    2012 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO
    http://baylinerownersclub.org/galler...2_itemId=11187

I'm a long time user of the 920. Actually learned about it on this site. It's not quite aggressive enough for the black hull of my current 2008 boat, but I still use the 920 on all white areas. Polishes it like new.
    2008 Rinker 330 EC
    Twin 350 MAG Bravo 3
    2007 285 (sold)
    350 Horizon Bravo 3

Comment

You should give the all in one 870 a try, cleans deeply and waxes all in one. Really great product.
      Cheers, Hans
      2007 Carver 41 CMY
      Twin Volvo D6-370
      Montreal, Canada
      Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightSun View Post
        You should give the all in one 870 a try, cleans deeply and waxes all in one. Really great product.
        Agree on the 870...not quite a cleaner, compound and wax, but more like a cleaner, Finess II and wax. I have not used the 920, but with older boats, this sounds promising especially on the white gelcoat areas. Regardless of the product, the Collinite products in my humble opinion apply as easy as I have ever used and with good lasting results. With having to maintain the “fleet” having these are a must otherwise I’d never get out on the water, I’d be washing and waxing every day
        Lake Hartwell, GA
        2012 BR 185 - 3.0 TKS
        1999 Chaparral 233 Sunesta Ltd., 5.0 Volvo
        1987 SeaRay 300 - Twin 454’s
        1993 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR
        1993 Yamaha Waverunner III
        1995 Yamaha Waverunner III GP
        1995 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR PRO
        1996 SeaDoo GTX
        1999 SeaDoo GTX

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightSun View Post
          That's what I always used and like I said buying the 920 was an accident. I just seen cleaner on the bottle and bought it. 870 is a great product, but I have to say the 920 cleans the white better, I always finish up with 885 paste wax.
          Dave
          2004 Bayliner 305(twin 220hp Bravo II drives)
          2008 Yamaha FX Cruiser
          2012 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO
          http://baylinerownersclub.org/galler...2_itemId=11187

Comment

as one who works on a huge amount of older boats, when the gelcoat IS extremely chalky, the next best thing to a good, harsh compounding, is using easy-off oven cleaner and a good scrubber on it... its very little more effort than washing it, yet removes the oxidation down to a level that is easily manageable...
            Centerline2
            Supporting Member
            Last edited by Centerline2; 02-06-2021, 11:00 AM.

NU LIBERTE'
            Salem, OR

1989 Bayliner 2556 Convertible
            5.7 OMC Cobra - 15.5x11 prop
            N2K equipped throughout..
            2014 Ram 3500 crew cab, 6.7 Cummins
            2007 M-3705 SLC weekend warrior, 5th wheel
            '04 Polaris Sportsman 700 -- '05 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO
            Heavy Equipment Repair and Specialty Welding

Comment

After using the 920 as a cleaner/polisher, I have always finished up with the Collinite 885 paste wax. It's a little harder to clean off than many other ways, but I feel it lasts well.
              2008 Rinker 330 EC
              Twin 350 MAG Bravo 3
              2007 285 (sold)
              350 Horizon Bravo 3

Comment

• moultdkdj
                moultdkdj
                Supporting Member
                moultdkdj commented
                Editing a comment
                You should really try the products from Gtechniq.
                They now have a line just for marine applications,
                I was turned onto them from a professional detailer that does all the multimillion dollar yachts around here.
                Your boat will be much easier to maintain throughout the season.
            Working...
            X