Pretending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretending

Well I thought we were going to get in to the water earlier this week but it didn't happen. Got another part coming Tuesday then family obligations. We are closer though. We'll launch sometime the week after the 4th of July and since we couldn't get on the water we grabbed a couple of beers and sat on the deck and pretended that we were cruising. Jim
    Attached Files
    Jim
    1975 2865 Carver Santa Cruz
    Twin 215hp 302 Ford Waukesha
    Twin Straight Shaft Drive
    Tow Vehicle 2002 Ford F250 Superduty
    7.3L Powerstroke
    Boise, Id

Just need someone to rock the trailer to get the feel of being on the water.
    1997 Maxum 2400 SCR 5.7LX Bravo II

Mike

Comment

• 2850Bounty
      2850Bounty commented
      Editing a comment
      Also lower the camera angle as to show blue sky only in the back ground.

• Calvincat
      Calvincat commented
      Editing a comment
      Didn't rock the boat but we made motor noises. Jim

Hopefully the next ones will be on the water
    Jim
    7.3L Powerstroke
    Boise, Id

Comment

Wait, tell me it’s normal to drink beer on your boat while it sits on the trailer?
      🤪
      Dave
      Edmonds, WA
      "THE FIX"
      '93 2556
      Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
      Misc. projects thread
      https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

• TX H210 SS
        TX H210 SS commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutely normal ....I turn on a fan and carry a spray mister for effect.

After a few, I've been known to drop anchor

• builderdude
        builderdude commented
        Editing a comment
        Fweeeew🤣

• Nauti_Mike
        Nauti_Mike commented
        Editing a comment
        Dave I’ll sit on my boat with a beer while it’s still on the lift.

Hey, It's been fighting me all the way. Needed to replace the wiper blades and popped one of the arms off and took it to Oreillys to try and match the blade no joy. Ended up at Wallyworld and found a prefect match. Got home and replaced the arm I had removed and started to remove the other one. The arm came off and the spline knob was loose so I went to tighten the set screw and the head was striped out. Had to drill and tap so I deserved beer. Jim
      Jim
      7.3L Powerstroke
      Boise, Id

Comment

• builderdude
        builderdude commented
        Editing a comment
        Two wipers two beers I say😆

does this help any?

Click image for larger version  Name:	calvincat pretending.jpg Views:	0 Size:	364.9 KB ID:	590208
      Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
      2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
      Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
      Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
      Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

• Calvincat
        Calvincat commented
        Editing a comment
        I like it. I'd be drinking Dagger Falls IPA though since it's brewed about 3 miles from our house and named for a set of falls on the Salmon River. Jim

Covid normal. We have parent health issues on top of Covid to deal with this year. We made the hard decision to not leave town indefinitely. My two week vacation in the San Juans is now a two week vacation at my slip in Squalicum Harbor. I have changed my head to accommodate the change. I had a very San Juan like experience on our own dock tonight. Sometimes we can't change reality, but we can change how we deal with it. I'm grateful I have a boat to help me deal with it.
      Tally and Vicki
      "Wickus" Meridian 341
      MMSI 338014939

Comment

Don’t feel alone . Mine sat there in the shed or driveway through all our hot pre summer weather. I had to rip out my entire dashboard just to take out a steering cable. Everything out all the instruments just to remove the stupid plastic dash facia. What a mess . Thats after I locate the number, take a pic and post it here to verify what I already knew. Them must have modified it on the assembly line , who knows. Had to finally yank and measure to be sure then wait and finally put the whole huge mess together again. All of it was in the heat with the top up so I wouldn’t fry. I tossed a 16” fan in there to move the hot air around. Boy did that suck. I cant begin to say but I must have been up and down that stern over 100 times. In the end the new steering shaft was too short forcing me to butcher a4” hole in that crap dash cover. If I’d known that I would have just sawzalled the old shaft and saved myself 3/4 of the serious ugly. What a mess and mostly for NOTHING. I
        so all that climbing That’s all the rocking mine got.
        Finally I get the mess all running and checked out enough to toss in the water last week. That’s when it started getting lousy out blowing ect. Scattered storms lurking about or wind making things not good for a sea trial. I still haven’t got it out and on Thursday I’m off to Germany for a month to settle an estate. Great fun. I’ll likely get it all checked out by duck season

Comment

Ya, I couldn't even sit on ours today and drink beer because it poured rain so I spent time in the shop making a screen for the forward hatch in the bow. Jim
          Jim
          7.3L Powerstroke
          Boise, Id

Comment

Originally posted by Jim
            I like it. I'd be drinking Dagger Falls IPA though since it's brewed about 3 miles from our house and named for a set of falls on the Salmon River. Jim
            Update!

Click image for larger version

Name:	calvincat pretending 2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	305.4 KB
ID:	590348
            Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
            2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
            Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
            Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
            Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Rick, We've got a bunch of friends in Portland and will be visiting them at some point and have Dagger Falls and Will Travel. Jim
              Jim
              7.3L Powerstroke
              Boise, Id

Comment

• 2850Bounty
                2850Bounty commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm not a beer drinker, but I'd have a Margarita with you.

• Calvincat
                Calvincat commented
                Editing a comment
                Margarita's would work. Jim

I see all you guys with flybridge boats on trailers. I ruled out a late 80s contessa due to the flybridge in favor of a 2859 because i was afraid of bridge heights. I trailer about 45 min to the lake each weekend, launch and trialer back before the week starts.

How often do you guys tow?

Comment

• Calvincat
                Calvincat commented
                Editing a comment
                Hopefully more often. We're just getting the boat back in the water.

Well we no longer have to pretend. Put the boat in the water yesterday for a shake down. All the systems worked except the toilet would not suck flushing water in. That's just minor. Think that the previous owner left a repair kit on board. The Port engine is still trying to get me. the ignition switch stuck a little but seems to have straightened up. I thought that we might have trouble launching but with my 18" extended stinger it floated off and upon retrieval I used my 32" extend stinger and we just floated it on which made the Admiral very happy since she didn't have to try and drive it on. Now it's mostly putting shelves in the bilge areas for storage, sliding doors across the deck access and working on the trim tabs and tweaking the trailer. The trailer tweak will requite relaunching. I some how bumped one of the bunks and need to adjust it and ad a couple of bolts. Also need to replace the fuel pump in our 5hp Nissan outboard. A fairly uneventful trip except for the boat in the slip next to us sinking. Oh, BTW Rick I almost set up the table with Dagger Falls IPA but could substitute Margarita's. The first picture is the boat that sank next to us.
              Attached Files
              Jim
              7.3L Powerstroke
              Boise, Id

Comment

Working...
              X