Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut me off and show me I’m number 1

Out fishin...2.3 mph
    Coming up from my aft port quarter till we’re 20 feet apart side by side. When I ask if they could see my red bow light I’m greeted with “your number one” and asked if I wanted to play bumper boats.
    Aperantly I need to be more courteous
    Pic is after I pulled out of gear and let the vessel pass🙄
    Click image for larger version  Name:	312687B6-E619-4AAC-81B0-30FDFFDCA252.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.00 MB ID:	588933
    Dave
    Edmonds, WA
    "THE FIX"
    '93 2556
    Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
    Misc. projects thread
    https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Sorry about that.

We recently had an opposite personality type mess up ramp operations for about 10 minutes.

Our clueless father of three decides that instead of loading up the boat with tubes and equipment and the kids in the parking lot just before the ramp operation area..........He pulls up a bit crooked and blocks access to 2 of the 4 ramps.

My wife was literally in reverse trying to back the empty trailer down towards one of those ramps when he showed up and blocked her.

My guy was my guy was clueless, your guy was a jerk.

Luckily we both enjoy boating enough to not have it ruin our day.

But I certainly can appreciate the alarm caused by your guy getting so close.

Mine was an inconvenience...……...your situation was dangerous.

Glad that no contact occurred.
    Present Boat- 2018 VR5 4.5/200hp Mercruiser
    Last Boat- 1998 Capri 1950CL 3.0 Mercruiser

Comment

I’m thinking they are full of barley pop and the type that refer to their wives, past and present, as the stupid bitch.
      The incident that surprised me was last summer. We were crossing the Straight of Haro when I observed a boat that turned out to a whale watching boat coming from my port side at a high rate of speed. After watching him for a few minutes I determined that we were on a very near collision course. Now that skipper has to have some pretty good training to pilot a passenger vessel with well over six passengers, so I did my stand on thing. Beautiful sunny day, flat water and this guy is on a straight line. When he got to the point where I had to take action, he was a couple of hundred yards away and not taking evasive action. Since I truly believe that a collision at sea can ruin my day, I took evasive action and let him go on by. Our guest that trip is a USCG veteran and he was more upset than me.
      Like the saying goes, “you can’t fix stupid”.
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      MMSI 367770440

Comment

I say always pass behind. What’s the hurry?
        Glen Sherwood
        1987 3270 twin 305’s
        Coupeville, WA

Comment

I did have a guy pass me in the marina the other day though. Stupid move and had his grandson with him. I just maintained course and let him figure it out.
          Glen Sherwood
          1987 3270 twin 305’s
          Coupeville, WA

Comment

Those types are all over unfortunately.... me and a bud were in my small bass tracker and trolling about 50 yards from shore when a few fellas in a make believe go fast cut right in front of us...I mean within casting distance.

we figured let the idiots go... but hell no, they made a tight turn and and cut right behind us and snagged my line. Spooled off a reel worth of line before I could get it to break off.
            I only hope my line spooled up inside the prop shaft seal before it broke.
            2008 H210SS Four Winns
            Volvo Penta 5.7 GISX
            Prior: 1997 2050SS Bayliner
            Brad / Texas Gulf Coast

Comment

Dave....when I moved to the island 20 years ago, I could fish lings, with maybe, maybe, 2 or 3 other boats out by the buoy, off our beach.....now, 20, 30, 40 plus......and they get right on top of you.

Last year I was out mooching with the wife, 100 foot of water....I hooked and landed a salmon, she then hooked up with a real nice one, big fight, the boats did not even wait till we landed her fish (which she lost....but that's another story)....they trolled right up and by us, 20 feet, I am not kidding, nice boats, expensive boats, I guess they need to justify their boat payments.

It's not the same.

My wife retires next year, we head out in the trailer the next day....will be gone a spell, if we find a better place, I might just move.
              I saw my native state of California, going the same way too, its why we moved from there.
              People have really lost the knack of being neighbors, sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Island Eddie View Post
                People have really lost the knack of being neighbors, sad.
                No, people have learned to be complete assholes with no common courtesy or respect for anyone else’s property.
                Based on the pic, looks like you should have turned to port and run across their lines.....
                1990 2755 - sold
                2005 275 - sold (now boatless)

Comment

There's too many people. Stop having babies.
                  1994 2859 in Tacoma, WA
                  7.4 Mercruiser
                  Still learning about other systems
                  and specs.

Comment

Originally posted by jongleur View Post
                    There's too many people. Stop having babies.
                    Yup.
                    1990 2755 - sold

Comment

• Pcpete
                      Pcpete commented
                      Editing a comment
                      After our four, boy, boy, twins boy girl, we quit. That was 34 years ago. Now our greatest joy is getting together with them and our grandchildren. Four boys and one girl. The oldest grandson is serving in the Army. They are all socially responsible and follow the rules. They too are amazed at the number of selfish jerks out there.

Wanna see selfish jerks? Watch everyone protesting and looting on the news reports.
                    1990 2755 - sold

Comment

This happened the other day to my brother and his buddy. They were headed back to port from fishing, This guy came right in front going so fast that hat his wake swamped there boat with over a foot of water. Never stopped, never looked, nothing just kept going. They were in a 26" Center Console. Good thing they had 2 bilge pumps and dual battery setup.
                      2016 Bayliner 215 Deck Boat
                      Mercruiser 4.3 220 HP MPI Alpha 1 Gen II

Sold 2003 SeaRay 176 SRX Bowrider
                      Mercruiser 3.0 135 HP Alpha 1 Gen II

Sold 1988 Sunbird 170 Bowrider
                      Evinrude 88 Special

Restoring 1970 Salem Skiff 13.5 foot
                      1992 Johnson 40HP

40°55'22.9"N 74°39'11.9"W

Comment

A few years back I was in my 20' Cuddy heading out from La Conner, westbound in the slough, staying to the right of the dredged channel. Coming head on at me eastbound was a sailboat, sails down, under power, but HUGGING the right (my right) side of the channel. I bear further right to give him the idea. Now normally, unless I'm in England or Japan, I drive on the RIGHT. This chucklehead obviously wanted to drive on his left for some reason in that channel. As we got closer to one another I gave him the arms up sign like, what the Fuscia? His response was a one-digit salute. I just shook my head and went to the left of him.
                        Jeff Prime
                        "Optimystic Prime"
                        2000 Bayliner 2855 Ciera Sunbridge
                        Anacortes, WA

Comment

Last weekend a popular sandbar by Longboat Pass is full of boats. Then 2 more boats squeeze in beside me where you wouldn't think possible. They anchored and were respectful for a while. Then their phone rang, they answered and talked to someone. After hanging up the phone the stereo volume went up beyond a respectful level. The boat on the other side of me left, and then so did I. Just after I vacated the spot, 2 boats pull up into the void. The volume on the stereo went down and the guy said "your here just in time." The phone call was a 5 min ETA so he could clear out room for his friends boats.

Don't take it personally, "they" are everywhere.
                          "The Profit"
                          Sunny Florida
                          2019 Tahoe T16 75 hp
                          2018 E16 75 hp......Sold

Comment

Sounds like Catalina, more Gilligans and asshats with a boat under them every year.

The dog is probably the only one in the boat that had a clue they were being dicks.
                            " WET EVER "
                            1989 2459 TROPHY OFFSHORE 5.8L COBRA / SX
                            mmsi 338108404
                            mmsi 338124956
                            "I started with nothing and still have most of it left"

Comment

Working...
                            X