EVA foam faux teak decking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EVA foam faux teak decking

I’m finishing replacing some soft wood on the command bridge and it’s time to figure out how to finish the deck. I did the repair from the top largely because there had been a repair done from the under side and I’m too old to be working overhead. It turned out the hollow sound I was getting in the area that had bee repaired were coming from wedge shaped voids from mismatch in the plywood sections. The other area was the front two screws on the starboard lounge where the balsa hadn’t been repaired. I have most of the fiberglass deck back in place and ready to be fared but matching the nonskid pattern is going to be like winning the lottery. I’ve made a mold, but I’m not real confident about the patter lining up. So, I’ve been looking at some of the EVA Foam products and it doesn’t seem to matter what brand or how it was installed, the reviews are all over the place.
    Anybody have any experience with any of that stuff? Good or bad.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
    MMSI 367770440
    1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
    Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

I had Raptor Deck installed this summer. I absolutely love it! It updated the look and feels great on the toes. On the down side it will damage fairly easily. You can't drag anything across it or it will scar or tear. Cleaning is fairly straight forward. Most things like red wine or juice will just spray right off.
    Ted G
    The Great PNW

86 2850 Contessa SB
    Designers Edition
    Mercury 350 Mag
    290 Volvo DP

Comment

I’m planning to do EVA foam on my boat. I like the look of the 2nd generation Eva foam, it has a v groove instead of a straight cut groove. Im looking forward to photos if you proceed.
      1988 3218
      Triple “O"
      Hino diesels

2003 Yamaha FX Cruiser

Comment

Pete, we love and appreciate our FB enclosure. Keeps the FB dry and makes for a comfortable area when motoring or entertaining. I’m looking at FB flooring too but considering in/out carpet because it looks and feels nice. The jury’s still out so I’ll be very interested in what you come up with.
        Jim Gandee
        1989 3888
        Hino 175's
        Fire Escape
        [email protected]

Comment

Working...
        X