Music while on hook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music while on hook

Been putting off adding 2 more speakers so we can hear music while on hook...usually spend a lot of time in the water. Always feared a dead battery so was climbing in and starting boatI all the time.

Was at academy and had revalation....I picked up a bluetooth speaker pair that is waterproof and even floats. It supposedly has ten hour pay time before recharge.

will throw it on swim platform next time and see how it does.... sounds great at house.

2008 H210SS Four Winns
    Volvo Penta 5.7 GISX
    Prior: 1997 2050SS Bayliner
    Brad / Texas Gulf Coast

Ive been using a Bose mini link exclusively for my tunes, surprisingly the battery will last longer than I can. I recharge it via the usb cord while cruising to and from, same with the iPad and phones.
    Dave
    Edmonds, WA
    "THE FIX"
    '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
    (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
    The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
    Misc. projects thread
    https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

Originally posted by TX H210 SS View Post
      ................... Always feared a dead battery so was climbing in and starting boatI all the time.
      Hopefully this boat has two individual battery banks....... one bank that is dedicated for engine cranking (this bank would be held in "reserve" when on the hook), and one large bank of Deep Cycle batteries for all else. And of course, you would need a means of selecting one or the other.

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
      2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
      Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
      Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
      Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

• TX H210 SS
        TX H210 SS commented
        Editing a comment
        Only one crank battery...I installed a pergo dual switch and charger....been stalling but need to get 2nd bttry and cables. Will need to install on port, but main and switch are on starboard.

I use a EU Boom. Waterproof and it floats. I also use it for sound for the TV when we watch movies. Versatile and sounds great.
      Ted G
      The Great PNW

86 2850 Contessa SB
      Designers Edition
      Mercury 350 Mag
      290 Volvo DP

Comment

I have a TDK A33 with blue tooth and rechargeable battery. Great sound, waterproof and long battery life. I also use my installed Kenwood stereo while on the hook. To the OP, quick, get two hefty golf cart batteries for your house bank so you can rest easier
        Johnson Point, Olympia, WA
        1989 2855
        Horizon 6.2 and Bravo II

Comment

TX, me thinks for your sport boat, just go with one 12 volt combination deep cycle for your second battery “bank” the bigger the better IMO
          😉
          Dave
          Edmonds, WA
          "THE FIX"
          Misc. projects thread

Comment

• TX H210 SS
            TX H210 SS commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds like a plan....I know I need heavy cables to make the run from ports to starboard....I know the pos will hook to bttry switch, but pondering where to hook the negative.

I have plenty vacant area for bttry 2 but the access to that area isnt too friendly.

As my kids say "you old man," bt perfect level for background music (speakers on my boat are right in your ear difficult to hear conversations) plus advantages stated above, no battery drain, aux for tv, sounds better than marine speakers (at least mine). Kids like the amp boat speakers.

Comment

I'm sold on the bluetooth wireless speaker for sure....I was going to get an amp as wires are already run for it and add speakers 5 and 6, but now I will just get 4 replacements for the blown ones I have.

hard to tell in pics I have but main bttry is on starboard side behind a molded wall with just enough of a cutout for the bttry. It sits pretty much under the thru side hull exhaust tube, which is same location and access I have for bttry 2 on port side.

I will measure but boat had 8.5' beam so that's about the length cable I need with the routing...not sure gage i need to account for drop.
            2008 H210SS Four Winns
            Volvo Penta 5.7 GISX
            Brad / Texas Gulf Coast

Comment

2008 H210SS Four Winns
              Volvo Penta 5.7 GISX
              Brad / Texas Gulf Coast

Comment

The negative cable for your second battery “bank” will connect to the same lug as the current battery’s negative cable connects to. Most likely a stud located at the rear of the engine block. The battery cable size will likely be the same as the current cable size, your cable runs would be fairly short IMO.
                Dave
                Edmonds, WA
                "THE FIX"
                Misc. projects thread

Comment

Only one crank battery...I installed a perko dual switch and charger....
                  Toss that Perko battery switch in the recycle bin, and get yourself a decent MBSS.

been stalling but need to get 2nd bttry and cables.
                  Two 6 volt golf cart batteries, in series, works very well for a House Load Battery Bank, and will give you the Amp Hours needed.
                  We want Amp Hours.... not necessarily voltage alone.

Will need to install on port, but main and switch are on starboard.
                  The MBSS (main battery selector switch) should be accessible from outside of the engine bay, where you will have quick access to it in the event of an emergency.

Sounds like a plan....I know I need heavy cables to make the run from ports to starboard....I know the pos will hook to bttry switch, but pondering where to hook the negative.
                  Your engine will serve as the "system negative common", and will be where you will want to take the Negative cables.

I have plenty vacant area for bttry 2 but the access to that area isnt too friendly.

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
                  2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
                  Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
                  Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
                  Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Working...
                  X