Mercury Vessel View Mobile Tips and Helpful information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MonteVista View Post
    Either I am not using it right or I am disappointed! I installed the VV Mobile device and it works but I don’t get much use out of it. Most everything I can read using VV Moibile is available on my various gauges anyway. I was hoping I would get the fault info such as history and what happened but that info is only available to Mercury technicians. All I get is info that a fault occurred, I don’t even get a fault code that I can look up in a table, if I had such a table.

Is it possible for me to get the fault code and a list of codes and what they indicate?

thanks
    It seems like your diesel vessel is also well equipped with many gauges.
    Many of us bought VVM so we could see engine hours for our more basic boats.
    I suggest calling Mercury Marine and see what they have to offer.
    It is actually the technical publications division that sells them.....see what they say.
    Present Boat- 2018 VR5 4.5/200hp Mercruiser
    Last Boat- 1998 Capri 1950CL 3.0 Mercruiser

Comment

Originally posted by MonteVista View Post
      Either I am not using it right or I am disappointed! I installed the VV Mobile device and it works but I don’t get much use out of it. Most everything I can read using VV Moibile is available on my various gauges anyway. I was hoping I would get the fault info such as history and what happened but that info is only available to Mercury technicians. All I get is info that a fault occurred, I don’t even get a fault code that I can look up in a table, if I had such a table.

Is it possible for me to get the fault code and a list of codes and what they indicate?

thanks
      Mine gives fault codes Have to use the VV regular manual as the codes are the same at least on my 350MAG

Comment

How do you get a code? I have had some alarms come up on my boat and VVM did not show any codes. Is there a setting? Can you see any history of codes? How?

Thanks
        Retired, computer expert / executive
        Bayliner 285 Cruiser / Mercruiser QSD 4.2L 320 HP Diesel
        Live in the Bay Area, CA, USA, boat in Turkey
        D-Marin @ Turgutreis in Bodrum/Turkey
        [email protected]
        [email protected]

Comment

Look close at the fault code screen it’s there. Here is Code 94. This and two other codes don’t apply to the 350MAG B3 and was blocked but I’ve gotten legitimate ones and they correspond to the VV manual.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X