Seadek or Bow cushions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seadek or Bow cushions?

Would anyone recommend Seadek or a similar product for the bow casting platform in place of a bow cushion? Is Seadek soft enough to lay on or is it solely as a carpet alternative?

Looking to add a bow cushion or something similar to add a little comfort to the bow of the boat (center console) so passengers are not sitting on hard fiberglass.

Seadek is not soft. It's like a thin flip flop. It would be better then fiberglass but not really comfortable for an extended time. Kids my younger kids may not care but adults most likely will.
    2016 Bayliner 215 Deck Boat
    Mercruiser 4.3 220 HP Alpha 1 Gen II

2003 SeaRay 176 SRX Bowrider
    Mercruiser 3.0 135 HP Alpha 1 Gen II

1988 Sunbird 170 Bowrider
    Evinrude 88 Special

1970 Salem Skiff 13.5 foot
    1992 Johnson 40HP.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I think a real cushion is what I need to pursue with snaps so it can be removed for fishing and put back for lounging.

Comment

Another option is both if money allows. Put the cushion over the Seadek. You still could snap the cushion down. Even if you purchase the cheap rolls for ebay. This would give you the best of both worlds.
        2016 Bayliner 215 Deck Boat
        Mercruiser 4.3 220 HP Alpha 1 Gen II

2003 SeaRay 176 SRX Bowrider
        Mercruiser 3.0 135 HP Alpha 1 Gen II

1988 Sunbird 170 Bowrider
        Evinrude 88 Special

1970 Salem Skiff 13.5 foot
        1992 Johnson 40HP.

Comment

Interesting idea and I might start with the cheap rolls of Seadek (or similar) before I commit to the cushion. Like you said I could always add cushion on top.

It's a budget boat and it won't go in the water until Easter so I am going to hold off on upgrades until any kinks are worked out with the engine first.

Comment

I’ve installed the thicker seadek on my f21 and it’s fine to sit and ride

Comment

Wow, that looks really sharp Chief! I appreciate the photos because that looks a lot thicker than I thought it would. Assuming thicker means more cushion. I just requested a sample from Seadek so that will definitely help. Not too many boats in the Lake George or Upstate NY area with Seadek that I've noticed in the last 10 years.

Comment

Working...
              X