Bow pulpit for anchor-gctid349456

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow pulpit for anchor-gctid349456

I have a 1984 3870 bayliner. I need to take the bow pulpit for the anchor off to repair it. There are long machine screws that go through the pulpit then the bow, so the nut is on the inside. The nut on the inside is to hard to reach by hand with the locker area for the chain and the forward mirror and all. Is there a way to get to the nuts without taking the forward cabinet and mirror out to get to the nuts.:livid:

Thanks,

Maybe someone who has owned their boat longer than i will chime in.....but i have a 1985 3870 and recently built a mirrored storage area at the mirrored area with sliding mirrored doors and at the same time recovered the above areas and this is what i found while doing that project.....the area for accessing the pulpit nuts and the windlas as well as wiring for foot switch is all fiberglassed.....i guess they did that to keep any leakage from above from getting into the cabin area....there are also glassed in panels which the fabric covered attach to(underneath the speaker covers)....it seems the only way to easily access the nuts is find someone really thin to shimmy into the upper storage area and hold the nuts.....did the windlas, switch earlier this year....not what you wanted to hear i'm sure but good luck.....

Comment

This issue has been well covered, click on this BOC link.

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...ve+3870+pulpit
      Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
      Twin 350 GM power
      Located in Seward, AK
      Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Thank you I sent my younger son into the skinny hole and got it done.

Comment

Working...
        X