Baseball Cap Rant !-gctid349004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baseball Cap Rant !-gctid349004

Cant we even make a baseball cap in this country anymore? Went to buy a MIA and Vietnam Vet cap and the damn thing is made in China! S--t like that just makes my blood boil. Lost friends and buddies over there and then I'm supposed to support the bastards by buying there goods. Arrrrrgh!!!

Ok I'm better now, but I'm not happy.

+1

Just like the picture I saw of a box of American Flags. On the box it said Made in China.

Comment

most people will not pay the premium for "Made in USA" products compared to the less expensive imports.
      "Adventurer" - 1986 Trophy 2560 383 Stroker/VP280
      "Drag-a-Line" - 1994 Bayliner 1700 Capri Olympic Edition - Force 120

Comment

It would be easy to do a survey. Go to a restaurant. They're all wearing their hats so it's easy to check them. :hammer

Comment

It's our own fault!

So many people go to walmart to save a buck and buy the cheapest possible item.

Quality seems to have taken a backseat

We;ve brought it on ourselves

Comment

LazyCrusr wrote:
            It's our own fault!

So many people go to walmart to save a buck and buy the cheapest possible item.

Quality seems to have taken a backseat

We;ve brought it on ourselves
            I do have to agree with you Sara, most of it is our own doing. Its even worse now with times being tougher and trying to extend your dollars.

I'm not against buying import products, some are better then USA, but, Damn an MIA hat from China, the only thing worse is if it said Hanoi.

Comment

LostLeader wrote:
              most people will not pay the premium for "Made in USA" products compared to the less expensive imports.
              Im not convinced..... I was at costco a few days back and was looking from where the clothes were made. The least expensive pair of pants I found were made in the usa. Good quality too.

I would pay the extra price anyway if I could just find it made in america. It too many times just doesn't exist.
              1989 Avanti 3450 Sunbridge
              twin 454's
              MV Mar-Y-Sol
              1979 Bayliner Conquest 3150 hardtop ocean express.
              Twin chevy 350's inboard
              Ben- Jamin
              spokane Washington

Comment

I went to the POST EXCHANGE at FORT LEWIS Washington a while back. There was a cart vender in the entrance selling hats.

I picked out one which said Vietnam Vet and went to pay for it. Then I noticed the inside tag said

"MADE IN VIETNAM".

Talk about Venting. I gave a piece of my Vietnam Vet mind to the guy running the cart and then stopped at the Installation Seargent Major's office and gave him a piece of my retired Vietnam Vet's mind also.

I felt better after the double rant !!

P.S. I told the vender what he should do with his hat.

Sorry folks- I feel better already !!!!

Happy Boating
                Richard
                1988 3870 Bayliner

Comment

LTCret wrote:
                  I went to the POST EXCHANGE at FORT LEWIS Washington a while back. There was a cart vender in the entrance selling hats.

I picked out one which said Vietnam Vet and went to pay for it. Then I noticed the inside tag said

"MADE IN VIETNAM".

Talk about Venting. I gave a piece of my Vietnam Vet mind to the guy running the cart and then stopped at the Installation Seargent Major's office and gave him a piece of my retired Vietnam Vet's mind also.

I felt better after the double rant !!

P.S. I told the vender what he should do with his hat.

Sorry folks- I feel better already !!!!

Happy Boating
                  You yelled at a 1st shirt !? I still get chills even thinking about that old grizzley,hard boiled,mean SOB...LOL

Comment

I've stopped buying "made in China" wherever possible. It's all I can do.

It's our gov'ts fault as much as it is ours. With as much of a trade deficit we have with China, you'd think it would time to raise tarriff's and put our foot down on their imports, but our gov't is just puppets for the perveyors of Chinese crap so they don't do anything.

Some company tries to make hats in the USA, their workers will join a hat makers union, the EPA and OSHA will come in and make sure they have to spend billions on railing protecting equipment guards protecting more guards protecting a shield on a sewing machine, and require the company to tripple treat their own wastewater from washing the hats before it goes into the sewer....and pretty soon you have a $50 hat made in the USA.

Comment

In China labor probably can be had for 50 cents a day.

Here you couldn't get a teenager to flip a burger for less than $10 per hour.

And if you can, he won't want to work more than 4 hours because after 4 hours, he made enough money to buy his pot for the day.

Comment

try

www.medalsofamerica.com

I think everything they have is made in Meri-ca...

so far I've gotten a few things from them.....very nice quality .....

:arr arrr

PS..I wrote to medalsofamerica.com and here's their response

"I thank you for your inquiry with Medals of America. We do sell American made products. However, we also get some of our items from American vendors that get the products off shore. Our catalogs states which products are American made. I hope this helps. Please let me know if there is anything further I may assist you with. "

hope this helps.....

Comment

seapuppy wrote:
                          try

www.medalsofamerica.com

SeaPuppy I owe you one! Thanks for the info.

Reverance of the missing and pride of service outweigh dollars everytime.

Comment

Flash Jorden wrote:
                            +1

Just like the picture I saw of a box of American Flags. On the box it said Made in China.
                            [SIZE]4 wrote:
                            thats so wrong in many ways.. I would gladly pay extra for an American made American flag...:worth[/SIZE]

Comment

seapuppy wrote:
                              try

http://"http://www.medalsofamerica.c...sofamerica.com

PS..I wrote to medalsofamerica.com and here's their response

"I thank you for your inquiry with Medals of America. We do sell American made products. However, we also get some of our items from American vendors that get the products off shore. Our catalogs states which products are American made. I hope this helps. Please let me know if there is anything further I may assist you with. "

hope this helps.....
                              Very cool site! I wish we had as much pride and patriotisim here for our service personnel!

Comment

Working...
                              X