No announcement yet.

you were right my wife wants a bigger boat-gctid340964

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consider yourself a lucky man. A woman who wants a bigger boat is a dream come true. My wife complained when I upgraded from a 28' to a 30'..she didnt understand at the time of purchase that its the beam not the length that gives you the feeling of space. Anywho..its expensive to upgrade I'll concede that. If I were to do it over again make your first boat a big one.

Comment

Whew that mainships owner accepted an offer from someone else thanks for the info whiskeywizard that was a close call.

Comment

jamie mac wrote:
        Whew that mainships owner accepted an offer from someone else thanks for the info whiskeywizard that was a close call.
        All this means is that her efforts will be renewed with a vigor- you're done

Methinks you may be doing some traveling to see boats in 2012......

Comment

My friend who owns the Mainship 34 was getting frustrated. He's had a number of tire-kickers but no serious buyers. The price is right and the boat is truly A-1. It surveyed well when he bought it 2 seasons ago and he's spent many hours cleaning, updating and upgrading. He's a Maritimer and really knows his stuff. It's essentially perfect.

It should have/would have sold long ago, in a normal market.

Comment

I would go for a larger one and get 'er dun'.

David
            http://www.cambridgeadvertising.org
            http://www.davidladewig.com

Comment

i tried to convince my wife bigger is not always better

Comment

If you can only afford a 24' boat, buy the 32' you really want and just live with the decision.... You won't regret it...

Comment

My wife is the reason we have a 32. We started out looking for a 24-28 bay. On a trip to see a 2858, she was walking the dock and ran across a guy working on his 3288. He invited her aboard for a look and after that nothing else would do. The rest is history.

Reed

Comment

If my wife wants a bigger boat she gets it, I haven't made a boat payment in 20 plus years...that's her dept.

I'm the meat head who changes filters ,oil and drives it around .

Comment

Bradvo wrote:
                      If my wife wants a bigger boat she gets it, I haven't made a boat payment in 20 plus years...that's her dept.

Darn Brad, a wife that makes boat payments. Does she have a sister?

Doug
                      Started boating 1955
                      Number of boats owned 32
                      Bayliners
                      3870 presently owned
                      Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

Comment

Bradvo wrote:

Whats yours is hers amd whats hers is hers

Comment

This thread hits too close to home for me. My wife pays the boat bill, she just made the last payment, and now she really wants to upgrade to the 34' Mainship Pilot (loves the rumrunner edition). I guess we both lucked out in the wife department!!!!

Comment

Paddy wrote:
                            This thread hits too close to home for me. My wife pays the boat bill, she just made the last payment, and now she really wants to upgrade to the 34' Mainship Pilot (loves the rumrunner edition). I guess we both lucked out in the wife department!!!!
                            There are lots for sale down your way good luck

Comment

jamie mac wrote:
                              what will i do.
                              So let me get this straight, the Admiral says buy a larger boat and you haven't yet?
                              Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
                              1998 3055 Ciera
                              (yes, a 1998)
                              Previous boat: 1993 3055
                              Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
                              Sea Doo XP
                              Sea Doo GTI SE
                              Life is short. Boats are cool.
                              The family that plays together stays together.
                              Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

itsabowtime2 wrote:
                                So let me get this straight, the Admiral says buy a larger boat and you haven't yet?
                                I am hoping it is just the winter blues. we have had 2 new ones in two years . i dont want this to become annual thing

Comment

Working...
                                X