(39)89 2655 Cierra - Radar Arch not an option?-gctid406308

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(39)89 2655 Cierra - Radar Arch not an option?-gctid406308

I just emailed Leta's about getting a bimini top. I have a camper top that I want the new bimini top to connect to. My boat doesn't have an arch but it appears as if it was removed. The bolts are there and the striping is bare where the arch used to be. Leta just emailed me to say the 89 never came with an arch. Can anyone say if that is true or not?

Greg

I have the same boat and it most definitely has an arch! Don't think I've ever seen one without.

Mark

Comment

Yeah, I was surprised by her email. As mine definitely looks like it had an arch originally. I bought my arch off of an 88 that is basically the same boat. It also had an original arch. Weird.

Greg

Comment

She must have misunderstood your boat model or year. The 2655 wide beam always had an arch. When they changed the name of the 2655 to 2855 in the 90s, the resulting narrow beam 2655 had no arch.
        Mike P
        The Bahamas
        Formerly Vancouver BC, Bermuda and The Grenadine Islands.

Click here to hear my original music, FREE to download to your computer or iPod.

Comment

Stratocaster wrote:
          She must have misunderstood your boat model or year. The 2655 wide beam always had an arch. When they changed the name of the 2655 to 2855 in the 90s, the resulting narrow beam 2655 had no arch.
          That's the explanation I was looking for. Thank you. :-)

Greg

Comment

The wide beam 2655 of 1988 and 1989 had the arch as standard equipment. It WAS available as a DELETE option, which is why you havent seen many.

Tell Lena she is wrong.
            Matt Train
            BOC Site Team
            Chicagoland, IL

Comment

It may be she thinks that because the fatory tops don't connect to or contact the arch. at least mine doesn't.

that would make arch or no arch immaterial to what Leta does.

btw, could you post a picture of your boat? I'm almost tempted to remove the arch on mine and would like to see haow a 2655 looks archless.

Comment

The canvas on arched 2655s were "under arch", therefore, the canvas package of both the arched and non-arched boats were the same.

If you have original hardware, whether the boat has an arch or not is immaterial.
                Matt Train
                BOC Site Team
                Chicagoland, IL

Comment

MikeValent wrote:
                  It may be she thinks that because the fatory tops don't connect to or contact the arch. at least mine doesn't.

that would make arch or no arch immaterial to what Leta does.

btw, could you post a picture of your boat? I'm almost tempted to remove the arch on mine and would like to see haow a 2655 looks archless.
                  Holy crap Mike, I thought you had moved to Mars or something...haven't seen you on here in ages! Hope you're well. Is the StratoDrive still pushing your boat around??
                  Mike P
                  The Bahamas
                  Formerly Vancouver BC, Bermuda and The Grenadine Islands.

Click here to hear my original music, FREE to download to your computer or iPod.

Comment

Working...
                  X