Thru hull fittings-gctid406299

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thru hull fittings-gctid406299

I have been lucky enough? to find an OE Explorer 2070.

First thing I have to do is replace the Jabsco toilet which I didn't think would be a very big job, but.

Where do I find thru hull connectors with no hole? I don't want to do a fiberglass/gel coat repair.

Any suggestions on hole plug and replacement pot?

Thanks.

I am sorry but I have no idea what you are looking for.

Please elaborate on what you are trying to do.
    Jim McNeely
    New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
    Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
    Brighton, Michigan USA
    MMSI # 367393410

Comment

Why don't you want the through hull any more?

Comment

I've read numerous opinions on this matter and most people say to put a new Thru hull in and wire it closed. Otherwise, you are looking a fiberglass job best left to experts.

Comment

The boat has a flush toilet with overboard discharge.

Need to fill the discharge hole after removing the toilet.

Just trying to find blank fitting rather than match Gel Coat color.

Comment

Get a threaded thru-hull and put a PVC cap over the end.
            "Adventurer" - 1986 Trophy 2560 383 Stroker/VP280
            "Drag-a-Line" - 1994 Bayliner 1700 Capri Olympic Edition - Force 120

Comment

LostLeader wrote:
              Get a threaded thru-hull and put a PVC cap over the end.
              Without a seacock? I would be a bit uncomfortable with that. Maybe, if it's above the waterline ...

Comment

Just close the current valve and plug it. Cap it if its threaded...fill it with epoxy...clamp a hose on there and shove a dowel in the hose and clamp that.

I wouldn't bother removing it to just replace it with one you aren't going to use anyway.

Comment

whiskywizard wrote:
                  Without a seacock? I would be a bit uncomfortable with that. Maybe, if it's above the waterline ...
                  He said discharge hole.
                  "Adventurer" - 1986 Trophy 2560 383 Stroker/VP280
                  "Drag-a-Line" - 1994 Bayliner 1700 Capri Olympic Edition - Force 120

Comment

LostLeader wrote:
                    He said discharge hole.
                    There was a previous discussion here about waste discharge systems; many owners reported having their discharge below the waterline.

Comment

I just recently purchased a 2003 2452 Classic Hardtop Cruiser and the toilet hasn't worked yet . . . . figured I was in for the pump-parts-replacement-dance but it pumps out just fine . . . so figured on doing the swap out for the Jabsco Lite Flush that some others have done (electric and larger bowl and simple bolt-on replacement :right ) . . . . anyway, was swimming around last weekend and dove under to see if some mud daubber wasps may have made a home in the ports and lo' n' behold, they're plugged!! . . . . Like a mushroom looking thingy sticking down out of both thru-hulls (one for toilet and the other for the AC water pump) . . . . I'm planning on getting underneath the boat tomorrow while it's on the trailer and seeing what I can do about it . . . . I'm hoping they're threaded types of a screw-in to the thru-hulls . . . . I hope. . . . . . if you want them, I'll send them to you (former owner was on the ocean and guess he didn't want the corrosion or whatever). . . . . who knows?
                      1998 Avanti 3685 - "Dad's Dream" w 454 Mercs - for sale - Dredge Harbor, NJ
                      Former - "Home Aweigh" 2003 - 2452 Bayliner Cierra Classic Hardtop Cruiser
                      WQQM835 MMSI: 338147209
                      James H. Stradling

Comment

Working...
                      X