Mystery Radio on 2004 Bayliner 175-gctid406073

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery Radio on 2004 Bayliner 175-gctid406073

I have just purchased a 2004 Bayliner 175 and cannot figure out how to work the cd player in the radio. I've looked at the removable face plate and can't see any metion of a brand name. Does anyone have any idea how I might find out what kind of radio I have so I can get a owners manual for it?

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/709818=30354-radio front2.jpg[/img]I have attached a photo. Thanks!

I have no idea what it is. But that MODE button would be a likely suspect in playing CDs.
    Jim McNeely
    New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
    Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
    Brighton, Michigan USA
    MMSI # 367393410

Comment

If you can pull the radio, it should have the manufacturer listed on the back.

I looked again, saw the "D." Might be a "Dual."
      Jeff & Tara (And Ginger too)
      Lake Havasu City, AZ
      |
      Current: 2008 Playcraft 2400 MCM 350 Mag B3
      2000 Bayliner 3388 Cummins 4bta 250s (SOLD 2020)
      2000 Bayliner 2858 MCM 7.4 MPI B3 (SOLD 2018)
      2007 Bayliner 305 MCM twin 350 Mag B3s (SOLD 2012)
      2008 Bayliner 289 MCM 350 Mag Sea Core B3 (SOLD 2009)
      And 12 others...
      In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. 7-2-10

Comment

My guess is that it's an older "Durabrand" unit. I know Walmart sold some Durabrand electronics before, don't know where to go now.

Looks like Durabrand is owned by Funai Corp. You will need a model number before you call them for a manual.

Comment

The face plate folds down to access the CD slot, which is behind the face plate. I believe the button on the top left is the one to push and pull a bit on the top of the face plate. it will open up on a hinge and fold downwards.
          Tony, Cape Cod, MA
          Vice Commodore Bourne Yacht Club
          1994 Carver 390 Cockpit Motor Yacht
          454 Merc Cruisers inboards
          "HOLODECK"
          2014 10' hard bottomed Dink powered by 3.3HP Mariner 2 stroke
          www.bourneyachtclub.com

Comment

Looks like a Clarion to me, they have removalable face plates.

Steve

Comment

From my experience, when you insert a CD into the radio, it should automatically switch over to the "CD" source. However, as mentioned in a previous response, the "MODE" button would most likely switch to "CD". Unfortunately, I was not able to locate this model on the web, however, there should be a model number printed on a sticker on the top of the chassis of the unit (if it is still intact and readable). But it sounds to me like the CD player is not working.

Comment

Kåre L wrote:
                My guess is that it's an older "Durabrand" unit. I know Walmart sold some Durabrand electronics before, don't know where to go now.

Looks like Durabrand is owned by Funai Corp. You will need a model number before you call them for a manual.
                +1 on the Durabrand ID. I did find that logo, so I'm positive that's what you've got. It's a Walmart store brand, probably at least 10-15 years old.

I didn't find manuals on a quick google search.

I think if you push the "slide down" button on the top left, the front plate's supposed to slide down to access the CD slot.

Good Luck

Comment

1) Remove

2) Replace

3) Enjoy
                  Tally and Vicki
                  "Wickus" Meridian 341
                  MMSI 338014939

Comment

Working...
                  X