USCG sticker-gctid405996

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USCG sticker-gctid405996

Local law enforcement says I need a sticker on the boat showing maximum horsepower, maximum capacity, maximum load etc. Our new purchase (1992 Classic 2452) lost that sticker somewhere along the line. Can anyone tell me where to get on of these so I will no longer be an outlaw?

Ed stolarik

NANMARA

Current Coast Guard regs require capacity plates on vessels under 20 ft.

Comment

Boats after a certain year? Mine never had such a sticker.

Comment

Pier Pressure wrote:
        Current Coast Guard regs require capacity plates on vessels under 20 ft.
        What he said!

http://www.boatus.com/foundation/guide/boat_1.html

Yet another example of water cops not knowing what they are talking about. I believe it was Carlos that discovered that water cops are the guys the other cops want to keep busy, but out of the way. Just be happy you didnt get a ticket for passing on the right at an uncontrolled intersection.

You just cant make this stuff up, but they can.

Comment

Yeah, that was me.

Let me guess, your on-water LE aren't a real water agency, but some locals with a water department? That's what we get, and it shows.

Comment

I had something similar happen with the 'pros'. A coastie that boarded me said I needed a bell on my 28.

I think the guys that pull 'police the recreational boaters' duty probably have it coming.

I have an exception to add here: The state WDFW guys really take their assignments seriously and know what they are doing.

Comment

Working...
            X