New Bimini Top-gctid405765

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bimini Top-gctid405765

Do any of the places like Iboats or Overton's sell a Bimini Top that matches the original Bayliner design or do you have to go to a custom shop for that? My isinglass and other parts of my bimini are in good shape it's my bimini that needs replacing.

My guess is I have to go custom but thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks,

Greg

I don't think those companies do brand named designs. A lot of people here recommend Lita's Top Shop in Washington. I had no luck with her. Perhaps you might fare better. I used a local guy And was very happy but I was doing a custom set up. Hope this helps.

Comment

I bought a bimini off a guy on E bay for $139.00 and it works great. It was fitted it to the back of my 2452. I posted a thread on it last summer, still working great

Bob

Comment

Greg, if you have a custom bimini made, you'll have control over the stand-up height, how and where it lays down, hinge pin or quick disconnect mounting, SS -vs- aluminum tubing, etc.
        Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
        2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
        Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
        Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
        Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Leta's Top shop is the Bayliner source.
          David
          http://www.cambridgeadvertising.org
          http://www.davidladewig.com

Comment

wefivehodges wrote:
            Do any of the places like Iboats or Overton's sell a Bimini Top that matches the original Bayliner design or do you have to go to a custom shop for that? My isinglass and other parts of my bimini are in good shape it's my bimini that needs replacing.

My guess is I have to go custom but thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks,

Greg
            We Five: I'd suggest asking around with local boaters and trying to find the better canvas shop. Then have the shop look at your boat and give an estimate. We sure don't like "surprises" when it's time to pay. Good luck with the canvas. Griff

Comment

Is it silly to reuse the current stainless and fittings? It seems to work as is. I hate the thought of relocating fittings and things.

Thanks everyone for the info!!

Greg

Comment

wefivehodges wrote:
                Is it silly to reuse the current stainless and fittings? It seems to work as is. I hate the thought of relocating fittings and things.

Greg
                Not silly at all, if they're in good shape. My local shop (Michelle's) used the original bimini frame on the bridge of my 2858. The original bimini was about 6 feet front to back and about 7 feet high, standing room. She changed the angles of the frame, made it nine feet long, with just under 6 feet standing height. I'm 6'2' but I never stand up to drive, it's a flybridge. Plenty of room to walk in and sit down. They did have to add two new Q/D fittings for the rear, and a brace. Gives much more shade now. If you like the configuration, just have new canvas made for it. And use Sunbrella, it's worth it in the long run...
                Jeff & Tara (And Ginger too)
                Lake Havasu City, AZ
                |
                Current: 2008 Playcraft 2400 MCM 350 Mag B3
                2000 Bayliner 3388 Cummins 4bta 250s (SOLD 2020)
                2000 Bayliner 2858 MCM 7.4 MPI B3 (SOLD 2018)
                2007 Bayliner 305 MCM twin 350 Mag B3s (SOLD 2012)
                2008 Bayliner 289 MCM 350 Mag Sea Core B3 (SOLD 2009)
                And 12 others...
                In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. 7-2-10

Comment

wefivehodges wrote:

Greg
                  Greg,

I use Pauls Upholstery on Nicoletta's Way, Mashpee. Paul is a great guy and does super work. He charges $1200.00 for a bimini with stainless steel frames. I am sure he could make your glass match. Tell him that Tony sent you.
                  Tony, Cape Cod, MA
                  Vice Commodore Bourne Yacht Club
                  1994 Carver 390 Cockpit Motor Yacht
                  454 Merc Cruisers inboards
                  "HOLODECK"
                  2014 10' hard bottomed Dink powered by 3.3HP Mariner 2 stroke
                  www.bourneyachtclub.com

Comment

Working...
                  X