Weird anchor setup.-gctid405676

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird anchor setup.-gctid405676

I never seen this before. But I don't like it.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/709420=30220-weird anchor setup.jpg[/img]

As boats get larger, that style of anchor deployment becomes more common.

As long as it is fully finished and sealed it is not a 'seaworthiness' issue, and it really helps the anchor to drop and re-seat easily. FOr some people, it helps them keep the boat LOA down for lower slip fees.

Comment

I have a friend with this setup and I hate anchoring his boat. There's no way to know how much rode you're putting down or the status of the retrieval (binding, direction, etc). If it came with a rode counter it would be alright, but it didn't. It's all about looks.

Comment

I kinda like that set-up. It's great for stabilizing your boat at anchor if you are near rough water. The lower the anchor point , the less bobbing up and down, this is of course, assuming that your winch is strong enough to hold your boat without needing your cleats. As for how much rode is in or out, you can get these plastic ribbon kind of things that you weave in your anchor line. They come in various colors so each color could represent a different length. For example: Red at the 50' mark, white at the 100' mark and blue at the 150' mark or something similar. You would need someone standing at the bow looking over the side to see this though unless as SwampNut suggested - some kind of rode counter.

Comment

Working...
        X