Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Boat trailer-gctid405623

Hi

I boughtmy 2000 2452 with a 1988 Long model BOA trailer under her. I am now considering either re building this trailer (if it is heavy duty enough) or getting a new one. Long is out of business and I was wondering if anyone had info on this trailer.

Thanks

Bob

How about a few pictures, and info as to what needs to be repaired?
    Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
    2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
    Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
    Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
    Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Trailers are pretty much generic. You pretty much never need to buy parts from the manufacturer as any parts will work. If the boat fits good you might as well fix it. I replaced rollers on mine, next the long boards with the carpet on it need to be replaced. Keep your bearings working, and brakes is you want (can). For you size boat you probably want the brakes working.

If the boat doesn't fit good, that is another story.

Comment

What is wrong with the trailer?
        Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
        1998 3055 Ciera
        (yes, a 1998)
        Previous boat: 1993 3055
        Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
        Sea Doo XP
        Sea Doo GTI SE
        Life is short. Boats are cool.
        The family that plays together stays together.
        Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your replies. The frame of the trailer is fine, as the tires seem to be. The brakes are suspect, and the lights are junk. The leaf springs have seen better days and here is the problem: apparently Long made all their own parts and generic stuff is not interchangeable. More to the point though, I am not convinced that this trailer is big enough for my boat. I found an old registration (there is no title) and it lists the model as "BOA" with a GVW of only 4800 lbs. Obviously that is not enough but I would like to confirm that is the capacity of the trailer, hence I was wondering if anyone knew anything about these as far as the above matters go.

Thanks again

Bob

Comment

Working...
          X