Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you know?

Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."

Comment

Alaskanmutt wrote:
      How do you know?

He said don't ask;-)
      Capt. Ron.
      "I will not tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death"
      "Never Trade Luck For Skill"
      1987 3870 - Northern Lights ll
      Hino EH700
      Westerbeke 8.0
      1999 Logic Marine 17' CC/50 Merc.
      on Louisiana pool Mississippi River.

Comment

I shock treat mine in spring with about 2 cups plus of liquid bleach, fill all the lines by running the faucets and let it sit for at least 24 hours. After I flush the tank out twice and I'm done. After every fill up I add about an once to keep things fresh. I repeat this procedure in fall for layup. We drink our water on board and I would challenge you to tell the difference between it and bottled water. We do however have a drinking spigot installed at the sink where the water is sent through 2 filters before filling our glass. Has been fantastic for the last 8 years.
        Cheers, Hans
        2007 Carver 41 CMY
        Twin Volvo D6-370
        Montreal, Canada
        Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

tho I am paying attention to all of those helpful comments), more with the residual aroma/taste of whatever it is that's used to winterize.
          I think you just need to flush more water thru the tank. When I winterize I never add antifreeze to the water tank. I run it empty, disconnect the fitting from the tank, bypass the water heater, then pump the pink stuff thru the water lines to each faucet.

The antifreeze smell is because they probably just pour 5 gallons into your water tank and flow it thru the faucets. Thats a lot of antifreeze to dilute and flush out in the spring.

Comment

Any ideas or suggestions about draining the tank. Our '92 Classic 2452 has no way to drain except pumping it all out through the sink.

Comment

nanmar,

If you can access the tank's outlet to the water pump you could place a "T" in it to provide and end cap to open to drain.

Richard

Comment

Working...
              X