Towing and Trophys?-gctid404889

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Towing and Trophys?-gctid404889

Does anybody tow tubes or anything with their Trophy's? I just picked up a single person tube with all of the stuff to tow including the transom eye harness.

You probably have a bigger engine than mine. (Everyone does)

Check out my 4 cylinder humming thread, last post.

Comment

Resqme49 wrote:
      Does anybody tow tubes or anything with their Trophy's? I just picked up a single person tube with all of the stuff to tow including the transom eye harness.
      I tow with my 2252, which is similar to the trophy, but less fish oriented.

They are just a boat with less "people" amenities. Might even work better since there is no silly carpet to get muddy.

Comment

I tow my sandwich grabbers often. You throw a pretty decent wake and they love the bumps. I mounted towing eyes, backed up by aluminum plates on the transom, but a single eye in the middle would probably be best. I've got the 4.3, and it's ample power for doing this.
        Bob Hawes.
        Kelowna, B.C.
        1998 Trophy 2052 WA
        4.3 Vortec, A1 G2

Comment

No kiddin. A towing eye? Can I get a picture of that? I think thats something I would be interested in. We tubed the crudd out of the lake today, but the only problem is the transom eyes are so low in the water that the rope is often dragging in the water aswell. Would be nice to get it higher.

Comment

I tow off the transom mounts as well. Works but the line is constantly in the water. With the outboard the tow eye in the middle is troublesome. They make an inflatable ball that goes mid way down the line to pull the rope out. I have not tried on my boat but hear it is better than nothing.

Comment

I have one of those and it works good. It also puts the pressure on both eyes instead of just one. And allows towing from the center.

Comment

ecrudolph wrote:
                I tow off the transom mounts as well. Works but the line is constantly in the water. With the outboard the tow eye in the middle is troublesome. They make an inflatable ball that goes mid way down the line to pull the rope out. I have not tried on my boat but hear it is better than nothing.
                I do that with my 1991 2002 outboard with the old Force 150. Even here at 4,500 to 6,000 where I use it it gets the job done. I'll install Bennets soon to get up and out a bit quicker.

BTW...New member here, and I was pleased to find the forum. :coo-

Comment

You tow off the transom eyes aswell? Yea. the rope was in the water, but towing wasnt an issue. When you say 4500-6000 are you talking about RPM?? I actually found that it was better with the trim tabs up and motor trimmed down. But like everyone said, the rope was in the water and would occasionally catch creating a jerking feeling in the tube.

Comment

ecrudolph wrote:
                    Are you talking about the transom eye harness?

Comment

Resqme49 wrote:
                      Are you talking about the transom eye harness?
                      Not sure what they are called. The eyebolts on either side of the motor that I attach the trailer straps to on the transom.

Comment

excellent. Yea. Thats the transom eyes.

Comment

Resqme49 wrote:
                          You tow off the transom eyes aswell? Yea. the rope was in the water, but towing wasnt an issue. When you say 4500-6000 are you talking about RPM?? I actually found that it was better with the trim tabs up and motor trimmed down. But like everyone said, the rope was in the water and would occasionally catch creating a jerking feeling in the tube.
                          OOops...I meant feet of elevation. Our lakes run from 4,000 to 6,500 feet elevation, and getting your rear up and out is problematic at times.

Comment

Resqme49 wrote:
                            I went down to my local boat shop and bought a removeable tow bar that i installed in motorwell.It's essentially a tripod that attaches by way of quick release pins to three brackets that you need to install in motorwell.The central leg is the tow leg and the other two legs act as braces.The top of the pole is around chest height off boat deck so rope easily clears top of motor.I could take some pictures if you like.I think the company is swivl-eze

cheers,Nick

Comment

Working...
                            X