Where to get swim platform extension in Seattle?-gctid348667

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get swim platform extension in Seattle?-gctid348667

I have a Bayliner 340 and am considering putting an extension onto the swim platform to allow for a dinghy and still have room to move around when docking.

I was at the Boat Show this weekend and was suprised that I couldn't really find anyone advertising that kind of work. I am sure there were places there that could do the work but no "examples" on display.

So, if you have a recommendation on a place where I can get a 2-3 foot extension added to the swim platform, I am all ears.

Thanks in advance.

That's a tough business in that area because of the weather.

I can tell you that these guys in Phoenix make the best platform I've seen, and I've had them. I currently have one from another company which came with the boat, and I'd much rather have the one I recommend:

http://swim-platform.com/

My boat is the one in the cruiser platform section.

Comment

SwampNut wrote:
      That's a tough business in that area because of the weather.

I can tell you that these guys in Phoenix make the best platform I've seen, and I've had them. I currently have one from another company which came with the boat, and I'd much rather have the one I recommend:

http://swim-platform.com/

My boat is the one in the cruiser platform section.
      Thanks for the response. I have seen that web site in my searches. The product looks nice, though I still need installaton assistance. I see lots of boats up here with the platform extensions so I assume there are some locals who can at least do the install.

Comment

I had mine shipped to the local boat yard from swimplatforms.com. They installed it, no worries. Been extremely happy with it.

Comment

Installation isn't a big deal, so any local yard should be able to do it. The one from swim-platform.com has a balsa core so it's surprisingly light to ship. The other guys use something heavier (which is NOT good). Having had both, I very strongly prefer the one from swim-platform.com.

Comment

Working...
          X