Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to get mold/mildew out of the cabin-gctid404406

Hi All,

inside the cabin of my ciera, it has the "carpet" on the ceiling of the cabin. That stuff has mold/mildew spots all over it. What is the best way to get these stains out of it? I dont want to replace the whole interior just for a few mold stains? Any thoughts?

This should work - http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...classNum=50270 -

- although you may find similar products at a marine store

Comment

unixdood wrote:
      Hi All,

inside the cabin of my ciera, it has the "carpet" on the ceiling of the cabin. That stuff has mold/mildew spots all over it. What is the best way to get these stains out of it? I dont want to replace the whole interior just for a few mold stains? Any thoughts?
      I used simple green and scrubbed ours.. took all the mold away.. have seen some use tilex... BUT be careful it doesnt get on other things... then air it out good to dry.. I use the dry-ease Hanger moisture things.. you can hang them all over.. keeps the mold away from our 3888 and in the winter I plug a dehumidifier in with the heat lights

Comment

In RV's a product called InstaGone works wonders, but be careful, it will "Bleach" any fabric type material.

Comment

We have been using Oxyclean with great success- make into a paste, scrub in, let dry. Stains gone.

And, it's a very inexpensive way to go.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I will update this weekend and let you know what worked.

Comment

White Vinegar + dehumidifier. No chemicals, no after smell and it kills 80% of the mold spores. Oh, and it's the cheapest solution.

Comment

I second the oxyclean it works great on any organic type stain. It cleaned all of the mold out of the monkey fur on my boat when I bought it 9 years ago and the mold never came back.....

Comment

Working...
                X