Macerator-gctid403813

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macerator-gctid403813

I hit the switch and heard nothing, just learning the boat but am I doing something wrong. I know that there is nothing really in the tank, but should I hear something?

My Esc Key wrote:
    I hit the switch and heard nothing, just learning the boat but am I doing something wrong. I know that there is nothing really in the tank, but should I hear something?
    A little more boat info and I'm sure you will get some more suggestions for help.

Comment

1990 2651

Comment

My Esc Key wrote:
        Usually there are two switches. You have hold them both on at the same time.

Cheers
        John McLellan White Rock BC
        "Halifax Jack"
        1999 2855 383 stroker BII
        MMSI 316004337

Comment

i only see one just behind the throttle

Comment

OK all good, pulled the switch found both wires off and wrapped in electrical tape. Unwrapped them and found one had the female spade connector broken off and the remnants were still on the switch. Replaced the connector and reattached to the switch, still nothing. Went into engine bay and found the ground wire to the pump was cut, no idea why initially then I thought it may have been due to the broken spade connector flopping around in the hull and the previous owner not knowing what to do to ensure the pump did inadvertanly start up. Reconnected it and with a tank full of water from the hose away she went. Works fine and the switch functions perfectly.

THE POOPER PUMP PUMPED.:worth

Comment

My Esc Key wrote:
              ... it may have been due to the broken spade connector flopping around in the hull and the previous owner not knowing what to do to ensure the pump did inadvertanly start up.
              You didn't mention where you are, but it could be he didn't wanna pay the fine for having a macerator hooked up?
              Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

I am in Ontario, is that an issue?

Comment

My Esc Key wrote:
                  I am in Ontario, is that an issue?
                  It could be if you are on one of the Great Lakes. Here in the states it is illegal to have a working macerator on a boat in the American waters of the great lakes. When my 3055 was inspected by the CG some years ago that is one of the things they checked. My macerator wires were cut at both the switches and the pump by the dealer prior to my taking delivery.
                  Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
                  West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Comment

Having a operational macerator in Ontario is a 360 dollar fine using it and getting caught would be alot more . The wires are cut on purpose and should not be reconnected .

Comment

so I crawled around in there for nothing? So can I get away with unplugging the switch?

Comment

I would follow their advice and disable it by cutting and securing the wires.
                        Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

Never heard of anyone being boarded and having it checked. But you never know. Use a pumpout station at most marinas. Dumping raw sewage overboard sounds kinda gross ops

Comment

goose wrote:
                            Dumping raw sewage overboard sounds kinda gross ops
                            The fish do it every day

Comment

maybe in the cold north of winterpeg but ontario fish know better LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X