standard horizon 190i-gctid348468

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

standard horizon 190i-gctid348468

Anyone out there with this standard horizon 190i? I did some online comparision shopping , leaning toward this one and going to pair it with a new vfh STd. Hrz. radio with the dsc (dcs)?) pro or cons would be appriciated.

Had a 190 on our 2655, a 300i on our 2855 (replaced that with a Lowrance HDS 7). Currently have a 500 and a 300i on our 3270. All have/are performing flawlessly.

SH make an excellent product and has outstanding customer service. They are radar capable, but not NMEA2000 compatible.

IMHO, the best bang for your buck.

Comment

thank you Ron! paired with the matrix vhf im getting i will be ais functional as well . instead of laying around boaters beach all summer we are planning on making some weekend getaways , these upgrades should help .

Comment

Scraping B wrote:
        thank you Ron! paired with the matrix vhf im getting i will be ais functional as well . instead of laying around boaters beach all summer we are planning on making some weekend getaways , these upgrades should help .
        No the AIS won't work without another module. I have the 190 with the Matrix radio combo, and while it will enable your DSC the AIS is an extra as is the Fishfinder / Depth finder. Having said that I have been happy with Standard Horizon and it all works as advertised. Best bang for the buck on "low end" chartplotters.

Comment

dewman , I was going with the new 2150 matrix . It says it has the ais built in, im unsure of the problem your bringing up though. I was wondering myself if i would need something else to make this functional. thanks for the reply and im open to any suggestions or more knowlege you might have on this combo.

Comment

oh and i forgot to mention i have the Hummingbird matrix 47 3d finder which i love , so im not worried about adding another finder.

Comment

I have a SH175C along with a Matrix 2100. For other reasons I got a firmware upgrade for the 175C. After the upgrade the 175C had new menus for AIS and would show AIS objects on the screen. However, since there is only one input port you cannot have AIS and fishfinder at the same time. You can hardwire the devices you can only configure one port at a time. But forget that. The screen is so small in order to see AIS symbols on the screen, the AIS target is beside you less than .5 nm from you.

I love the 2100 and use only it for AIS. Usually set the range for 5NM'S to reduce clutter when on the open water I may scan out to 15NM looking for targets and is I find any will do a discovery to see if there is an issue. For example I travel Active Pass often As I approach I will zoom out have a look on the other side for opposing traffic ( Ferries) and then zoom back in.
              John McLellan White Rock BC
              "Halifax Jack"
              1999 2855 383 stroker BII
              MMSI 316004337

Comment

very good info Jack, Im very excited to get these two items up and runnin. Its been above 40 degrees here for the past 2 weeks and looks like we will be closer to 50 for the next 2 weeks. Did i mention im in the Chicago area! Normally im snowmobiling and fixing them. The only thing on my mind this year is getting back in the water !! We moor at Marina Shores in Portage IN its a 1/4 mile off Lake MI down a channel we call the ditch. We are planning a trip to St. Joes MI and our usual trips to Chicago.

Comment

We have the 300 standard horizon in the pilothouse and the 190 on the flybridge and both work great. Expecially in bright sunlight.

Comment

Scraping B wrote:
                    dewman , I was going with the new 2150 matrix . It says it has the ais built in, im unsure of the problem your bringing up though. I was wondering myself if i would need something else to make this functional. thanks for the reply and im open to any suggestions or more knowlege you might have on this combo.
                    Ah well that explains it. I have the Matrix GX2000 that only has an AIS input, but does not have AIS built in.

Comment

overall it sounds like everyone is happy with thier SH brand hardware , I feel much better about pullin the trigger on these . Thanks guys

Comment

I was looking hard at the CPF390i, but didn't really like the toggle function and how many menu's and "ok's" you had to pass before getting to the business part of the thing. Basemap was marginal and this annoying disclaimer came onto the screen stating it was a basic basemap and better get the upgraded one....was kind of a turn off seeing the 390 is $1000.

Comment

Scraping B wrote:
                          overall it sounds like everyone is happy with thier SH brand hardware , I feel much better about pullin the trigger on these . Thanks guys
                          If you haven't allready ordered, I have dealt with these guys for a number of years with good success. http://www.thegpsstore.com/Standard-...m_medium=email

They have a $100 rebate offer going on now

Comment

freedre wrote:
                            If you haven't allready ordered, I have dealt with these guys for a number of years with good success. http://www.thegpsstore.com/Standard-...m_medium=email

They have a $100 rebate offer going on now
                            That is where I got mine too.

Comment

guys , to get the 100 buk rebate i have to spend an additional 179.00 on a detailed cmap card for my region .(great lakes). The 190i come preloaded with my area. I realize the extra cmap card would be better but do you guys think it is necessary?? I was actually going through Starmarine where i can get this package for $90.00 cheaper . Im also putting in Ac this year so $ R TIGHT. Do you guys think this additional cmap card is necessary??

Comment

Working...
                              X