No announcement yet.

Aventus Inflatables

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aventus Inflatables

My 1997 Quicksilver 330 inflatable has given up the ghost. It's leaking in a place that 2 inflatable repair shops said cannot be fixed. It is a PVC model so getting 21 years of service out of it is pretty good IMO.

Last week at the Detroit Boat Show I stopped by a couple of the vendors that were selling inflatables. I wanted to get another air floor model as I loved my air floor on the Quicksilver. Well, the vendor selling Brig did not have a model that could handle my 15 HP Mercury OB. The max HP for an air floor model Brig was 8 HP. I wanted to get a new inflatable not a new OB motor.

Then I stopped by Dinghy Concepts booth. I looked at the Achillies they sell. They are Hypalon and the one I would have needed was $2600. I then saw the Aventus models behind the Achillies. The Aventus is a PVC model that can be ordered with either a wood or air floor.

The boat show price was $1199.00 much more within my budget. I was not planning to replace my old inflatable but I guess after 21 years it's time for a new one. The only thing I don't like is it comes with only a 3 year warranty. My Quicksilver had a 5 year warranty. The air floor on that one did fail in year 4 and it was replaced without question. I pick mine up May 2nd.

Does anyone here own an Aventus inflatable? How is it holding up?

Thanks in advance for any comments.
    Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
    West River Yacht & Cruising Club

I don't have any experience with Aventus but I have a 1988 Avon (hypalon) that is still going strong. And many of those 30 years has been spend outside, exposed to the elements.....(it has not been deflated in the past 10 years (though it does need a boost of air periodically)).

I too have an 1991, 9' 6" Avon with the hard inflatable bottom that is mounted on on the swim grid and deployed by using the manual “Seawise” davit system. Still going strong. Sorry but no experience with the Aventus : ( to relate.
      P/C Bob Hicks JN
      Dock Holiday, 1992 Bayliner 3888 Double Cabin Flybridge Cruiser
      Twin Hino W04TI 210 HP Diesels with Hurth HSW630A 2.0:1 Trannys
      Westerbeke 8.0 BTD-614 8KW Genset
      Avon 9 ft 6 in Tender with a Tohatsu M8B 8HP outboard
      Currently moored at Stones in Nanamio, B.C.