Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to cruise Everett Wa. to princess Louisa and maybe beyond to desolation - group trip?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to cruise Everett Wa. to princess Louisa and maybe beyond to desolation - group trip?

I really want to cruise into Canada this summer probably July august some time.

im not sure i can convince my wife to go by ourselves. Anyone interested in making a group trip out of it ?

My stops I would like to do Ganges, Nanaimo, Vancouver, Princess Louisa and farther maybe. I can do a 2 week trip im my own boss so I can be flexible with time and ports.

My boat is a Avanti 3450 and can move fast if I need to but prefer a mostly slow cruise. I have a 7 year old boy who would also love someone to play with.

1989 Avanti 3450 Sunbridge
    twin 454's
    MV Mar-Y-Sol
    1979 Bayliner Conquest 3150 hardtop ocean express.
    Twin chevy 350's inboard
    Ben- Jamin
    spokane Washington

Ahoy Ben.

Sounds like a great trip. With only 2 weeks I suspect you have a few too many destinations to hit and explore. I would be inclined to choose either Princess Louisa or Desolation as a final destination.. Each provide great boating opportunities and are well documented. If you choose PL, go earlier in the season to take advantage of the spring run off. There are hundreds of waterfalls there that flow during that time but dry up as the season continues. In the five years we've had our boat we did PL in our first year and have done DS twice after that. Either choice is awesome. With a younger boater, I believe there would be more activities for them and all to enjoy in DS.
    Hope that helps.
    Sea Venture
    2000 3055, 5.7/B2, 18x23" props
    Cruising the PNW and beyond.
    DIYC, Riverhouse Marina
    MMSI 316029971

Kirk
    Drinks well with others.

Comment

Originally posted by SprinterX View Post
      Ahoy Ben.

With only 2 weeks I suspect you have a few too many destinations to hit and explore.
      Yeah probably but that is why I said I'm flexible. Either one or the other would be fine with me. I guess if I go with others it would depend on how fast they want to run. The reality is i could get to princess Louisa in a day and a half or less but I don't really want to run that fast. I've done Nanaimo to anacortes in about 4 hours but that was smooth seas and fast cruise.

1989 Avanti 3450 Sunbridge
      twin 454's
      MV Mar-Y-Sol
      1979 Bayliner Conquest 3150 hardtop ocean express.
      Twin chevy 350's inboard
      Ben- Jamin
      spokane Washington

Comment

If it works into your trip to Princess Louisa make a side trip into Skookumchuck to watch the kayaks playing in the standing waves.
        R.J.(Bob) Evans
        Buchanan, SK
        Cierra 2755
        Previously 43 Defever, Response LX
        Various runabouts, canoes & kayaks

Comment

We are in Nanaimo and may be available for the northern part of the cruise. Won't know until later in the season.
          P/C Bob Hicks JN
          Dock Holiday, 1992 Bayliner 3888 Double Cabin Flybridge Cruiser
          Twin Hino W04TI 210 HP Diesels with Hurth HSW630A 2.0:1 Trannys
          Westerbeke 8.0 BTD-614 8KW Genset
          Avon 9 ft 6 in Tender with a Tohatsu M8B 8HP outboard
          Currently moored at Stones in Nanamio, B.C.

Comment

Last year we started at Van Isle to Genoa and then on to Nanaimo and then up to Desolation. It was a 2 week trip with 3 days running back to Port Angeles. It was fantastic. Left July 7. I will take 3 weeks next time!
            Ted G
            The Great PNW

86 2850 Contessa SB
            Designers Edition
            Mercury 350 Mag
            290 Volvo DP

Comment

Working...
            X