bras dor lakes nova scotia here we come-gctid402938

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bras dor lakes nova scotia here we come-gctid402938

the weekend of aug 4 we are planning a 90 mile trip from pei to the bras dor lakes in cape breton it is one of the most scenic boating trips on the whole east coast.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=bras+d

My Admiral was there when she was young with her parents in the 60's. Don't tell her I told you how long ago that was., Great trip however the winds can be very nasty. Blew everything on deck overboard 50' boat.

Wish I were going with. In town but going to a wedding. Rumor has it they have the best oysters in the world there

Have a great trip take pictures. Say hi to Rita for me.

Cheers
    John McLellan White Rock BC
    "Halifax Jack"
    1999 2855 383 stroker BII
    MMSI 316004337

Comment

Yes, please take pictures!

What an exciting trip to take, good luck, have fun and BE SAFE

Did we mention to take pictures?

Comment

lots of pictures!

Have a good trip

Comment

Never got there, but I saw Cape Breton in the distance after fighting a 700 pound tuna for 5 hours, backing the whole time,

out of Rustico Harbour PEI. I am originally from Oleary PEI and ain't never going back.
          "Adios Dinero"
          1997 3988 with new 330 Cummins
          Photo Credit: Whiskywizard

Comment

hfxjack wrote:
            My Admiral was there when she was young with her parents in the 60's. Don't tell her I told you how long ago that was., Great trip however the winds can be very nasty. Blew everything on deck overboard 50' boat.

Wish I were going with. In town but going to a wedding. Rumor has it they have the best oysters in the world there

Have a great trip take pictures. Say hi to Rita for me.

Cheers
            i will say hello to the rankins maybe. we have already been many times to cape george and you are correct about the winds we will plan trip around the forecast of course . right now we have three boats going am getting pretty excited they say they no how to party there

Comment

The Other Gary wrote:
              Never got there, but I saw Cape Breton in the distance after fighting a 700 pound tuna for 5 hours, backing the whole time,

out of Rustico Harbour PEI. I am originally from Oleary PEI and ain't never going back.
              say it aint so . i thought all islanders wanted to go home some day

Comment

I hope you have a great trip. I assume you will be coming through at the causeway. Keep an eye open for pilot whales, a couple of weeks ago there was an estimated 50+ feeding on mackeral at the causeway on the PEI side of the locks. I was fortunate enough to see them from the shore, quite a sight. I might be biased but I think between the Bras'dor lakes, costal waters and the Mira river we have the best boating on the east coast of Canada.

Head to Baddeck if you get a chance, great boating stop.

Enjoy.

Comment

The Other Gary wrote:

Maybe you know Boyd MacDonald

"Ain't never going back" It's the winters isn't it
                  John McLellan White Rock BC
                  "Halifax Jack"
                  1999 2855 383 stroker BII
                  MMSI 316004337

Comment

Robert2150 wrote:
                    I hope you have a great trip. I assume you will be coming through at the causeway. Keep an eye open for pilot whales, a couple of weeks ago there was an estimated 50+ feeding on mackeral at the causeway on the PEI side of the locks. I was fortunate enough to see them from the shore, quite a sight. I might be biased but I think between the Bras'dor lakes, costal waters and the Mira river we have the best boating on the east coast of Canada.

Head to Baddeck if you get a chance, great boating stop.

Enjoy.
                    my brother sailed right through that school a couple of weeks ago with his searay 390 on his way to st. peters.

Comment

Working...
                    X