02 2855 Flip Back Seat usage ??-gctid402923

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

02 2855 Flip Back Seat usage ??-gctid402923

Showed Admiral how this seat will pull up and fold back flat to make lounger,but it is hard as hell to pull up and down. Anybody have any suggestions on making it easier to use? Maybe it was never used and just needs to be used ?

I have the same problem, but didn't get very far with a solution.

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...rom-Sunlounger
    Simo
    2002 2855 350MPI Bravo III on Lake Champlain -> SOLD!
    Shameless lurking on Lake Keowee with a Harris Cruiser 210 Tritoon/Mercury 150XL EFI

Comment

Same here, I though maybe some silicone spray? Would use it more if was easier.

Comment

Obviously a common problem. The one time I tried it, I had a heck of a time getting it back again, so I've not messed with it since

Comment

Has anyone attempted any fruitless fixes?
          Simo
          2002 2855 350MPI Bravo III on Lake Champlain -> SOLD!
          Shameless lurking on Lake Keowee with a Harris Cruiser 210 Tritoon/Mercury 150XL EFI

Comment

simo wrote:
            Has anyone attempted any fruitless fixes?
            Well I'm gunna try. There seems to be a bolt and nut on bottom of support that looks like maybe I can loosen to see if it free's it up ?

Comment

I've had the same problem with mine. Worked great the 1st couple of years, and now binds when lifting up from down position. I've looked underneath to see how it works and can't figure out what's changed, or what to even lubricate.

Paul
              2008 Rinker 330 EC
              Twin 350 MAG Bravo 3
              2007 285 (sold)
              350 Horizon Bravo 3

Comment

I yanked mine out 3 years ago, rarely used it and found it super uncomfortable when I did. We use two sturdy deck chairs. Between losing that and the water tank (installed a tankless), I freed up a good 100+ pounds off my stern.

Comment

Sorry, jumped too fast on my reply. Yes, the flip down seat on mine is a bit of a pain to work with. I usually wiggle it up (back and forth) to lay it down and to put it back in the upright position, but as of now, it still functions.

I too, would love to hear any solutions to the problem.

Comment

Even the salesman couldn't get it to work when I was looking at the boat new (2003 285).

It's still difficult, but I learned that a lot of stubbornness on my part, a few choice words, and making sure to pull directly up on both sides at the same time, makes it possible to lay it flat pretty quickly. I have to stand on the seat, straddling the backrest, and pull straight up. Getting it back down to its position as a backrest requires that I jump on it, in a sort of sitting position. Bruised my butt more than once. Again, make sure both sides go down together. If it gets crooked, I have to pull it back up and start over.

Find an easy fix to this problem and you'll be a BOC hero.

Comment

Working...
                    X