Registering a trailer without a title?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registering a trailer without a title?

I just bought a 1999 3055 with a 2006 Load master tri axle trailer and it does not have a title and I am having trouble getting one. I have my bill of sale and original certificate from Loadmaster but it is from 2006. A title was never generated in Ohio. I am going to be bringing it into PA and it is proving to be more challenging than I thought it would be.

A friend told me to just register it in Maine because they are not very strict on their paperwork needed. Is this true and have anyone else here used this route? I will continue to work on the title for it but this will get it legal to be on the road.
    1999 3055, 5.0L, Bravo 2

Yes it is very easy to register in Maine. My trailer in MA cost $200.00 each year to register. I got it registered in Maine for less than $100.00 for 5 years.
    1999 Bayliner Ciera 2655
    5.7 Bravo 3

Comment

In Florida a title is not required for a boat trailer unless it weighs over 3000# w/o the boat.
      Register it here with the original paperwork and a bill of sale.
      They have an origination fee, but the yearly is about $20 or so.
      Captharv 2001 2452
      "When the draft of your boat exceeds the depth of water, you are aground"

Comment

Even in NY which is the capital of regulations trailers are not titled, you can transfer trailers ownership with just the registration and bill of sale.
        88 Four Winns 200 Horizon 4.3 OMC
        98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0/Selectrac
        07 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi/Quadradrive II

Long Island Sound Region

Comment

Working...
        X