Found Some Cool Stuff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found Some Cool Stuff

Saturday I had some time to dig around more in the new to me 2850 Contessa and came across some cool stuff (well I think so anyway)
    First I found a dash cover. I hadn't even noticed the snaps yet at the helm and I don't know if it's stock or not but I love it. Next I found a Volvo On Board Kit which is for keeping spare parts in. Cap, rotor points etc....Another Option? I've never seen one before. Yes, I will be restocking it! Next, a boot for the Bimini. Way cool. I thought I was go9ing to have to have one made. And it looks brand new! But wait there's more. I found screens for all the hatches including the mid berth and the magnetic type for the main cabin door. I am loving this boat.
    Ted G
    The Great PNW

86 2850 Contessa SB
    Designers Edition
    Mercury 350 Mag
    290 Volvo DP

Re: the Volvo "oh, s**t kit. When I was with the Coast Guard Auxiliary, I crewed for another guy on one of the shuttle shot patrols. This was to be a 4;30 am launch so we were out all night.
    About 2;30 the sonalert warning went off and them temp gauge indicated overheat. We shut down. Now, I said "Where are we going to get an impellor in the middle of the night and get it here?" the owner said "Wait a minute, they had me buy an emergency kit when I bought the boat, I'll get it." It had the impellor and 1/2 hour later we were underway again. I strongly recommend spares. Even if you are a mechanical klutz,, someone nearby may be able to fix it. However, they do need parts.
    Captharv 2001 2452
    "When the draft of your boat exceeds the depth of water, you are aground"

Comment

I would say that is rare stuff this far down the road, time wise. Pretty cool!
      1986 Bayliner Contessa 2850
      In over my head for sure!!
      M/V SKUA refit
      https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...ak-gctid499442

https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...contessa-refit

Comment

Working...
      X