2860 Trophy - Soft Top - Anyone else have one-gctid402810

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2860 Trophy - Soft Top - Anyone else have one-gctid402810

I purchased a 1985 Trophy 2860 Soft top from a buddy. This is my first motor boat from a long past with racing sailboats. I can say I have had the boat for a month and I LOVE it!

Were there many made? I keep doing searches for the boat and nothing comes up.

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/706541=29992-IMG_0640.jpg[/img]

The 2860 is a rare fishing version of the 2850 Contessa that everyone knows and loves. Its the same boat from the rubrail down:

Matt Train
    BOC Site Team
    Chicagoland, IL

Comment

I've seen 100 of the 21'ers. Only one 28'er. They were a rare model.

Comment

...from a long past with racing sailboats.
        Welcome to the club. I spent about 350 years on the Punishment Pony before switching to power. It's a little tough at first getting used to not having to make stuff go up or down or in and out to make the boat go slow. The one thing I really enjoyed when I made the switch was getting there first.

Coming from a racing background you should adapt easily.

Good looking boat by the way...that's about the size I chose when I first made the leap.

Comment

Pretty mint 2860 soft top zamboni65, same color & layout as mine but mine is a hardtop

Here is one more rarer than yours that I have seen for sale for a few years. It has a the rare white gel coat hull & the special option of the twin inboards

http://cnj.craigslist.org/boa/3076347647.html

Or this one in the Gulf Port, that sports a tuna look out tower

http://gulfport.craigslist.org/boa/3067851644.html

Comment

Hell I'd buy that one in NJ, and I hate inboards.

Neat boat. The open model was called a skiff in some years.
            Matt Train
            BOC Site Team
            Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Pretty soon we'll have enough 2860 owners to start our own forum ;-)

BTW - did you know that the Zamboni originated in California?

-Lance
              Lance A.
              1986 2860 Trophy soft top
              5.7 gm replacment motor, freshwater cooled.
              Volvo 280 or 275 with Douprop added.

Comment

Its been an interesting couple of weeks with the boat. Last night I got a call from a sailing friend at 11pm to see if I would come down to the boat and tow them in. It was blowing 15 and they wrapped a line around there prop. The anchor was dragging and they were now on the bottom. Well off I ent and brought them home safely. The previous week I rescued a Jet ski 3 miles off shoe after dark and towed them in. We have come up with a name for the boat --- GOAT RODEO! Google it in the urban dictionary and it really fits... A chaotic situation, often one that involves several people, each with a different agenda/vision/perception of what's going on; a situation that is very difficult, despite energy and efforts, to instill any sense or order into.

I need to upgrade a few items on the boat. The instrument panels need replacing and the refrigerator door needs help. Most other items are cosmetic. If anyone has any ideas where to get parts I would love the help.

As for ZAMBONI that was the name of my racing sailboats - A slow moving object on hard (soft) water moving in circles. Think about it, it fits a racing sailboat.

Comment

Not sure whats up with your gauges, but all Bayliner gauges are made by Faria. You can replace them with any other Bayliner gauges up to the mid 90s for sure without issue.

I believe the refer door is simply contact paper or a piece of formica pressed into the face.
                  Matt Train
                  BOC Site Team
                  Chicagoland, IL

Comment

My gauges are fine its the plastic that hold them in looks like S&*T. The fridge needs new trim around the face as its just plastic and cracked and broken.

Comment

lallan wrote:
                      Pretty soon we'll have enough 2860 owners to start our own forum ;-)

-Lance
                      All 6 of us.......................lol

Now if we can make it 11, then it is doable :livid:

Comment

hope you counting me Len:arr

Comment

Ofishal wrote:
                          hope you counting me Len:arr
                          In my books, U the PREZ bra, for steering me to my 2860

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...highlight=2860

Comment

I just got one too! I pick it up last summer. I too LOVE mine. What a great layout. Mine looks to be identical to yours.

Attached files

Comment

I just picked on up in January, its been sitting for a few years, so in need of some tlc....having the upholstery replaced, and a new camper top built. Have to wait until spring here to see if the engine will turn over.

Comment

Working...
                              X