Buying a new 185 BR-gctid402707

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a new 185 BR-gctid402707

I am looking to purchase a new 2011 185 in blue with the 3.0 and bimini top for $17500. Is this as decent deal or can I do better for a new boat?

Thanks for your help.

Josh

Well since it's a previous model year, my personal opinion is that you should be able to snag it for about 25 to 30 percent below MSRP. I don't know what MSRP is for a 2011 185 though.

Comment

Is that with or without trailer. I think that is with. I think you might be able to knock alittle more off. I am assuming that 17500 has the rebate built in.

Comment

That's a pretty typical deal based on locally advertised pricing around here. Although it's a year old, the only differences I am aware of between the 2011 and 2012 other than slightly different upholstery designs have to do with the flight package (different tower) and the SS package (now includes things like gas cap cover). I don't think you're getting a 'steal', but I also don't think your getting taken advantage of.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Average NADA is 17750 on this boat, but I agree that I should be able to get a better deal.

Comment

Take 65% of the asking price and add $100. It may be 'new' but it's not.

Vic

Ft Myers
            Vic Stewart SN
            Past Commander
            Cape Fear Power Squadron
            Ft Myers Power Squadron
            1998 2859 7.4 L/B2
            Raw water cooled

Comment

does it come with any upgrades (ie fiberglass floor vs carpet, swim platform, sun deck)?

we bought ours in March (samething new 2011 185br) and paid about 20k for it but it came with a bunch of upgrades that we would have paid 26k brand new if we bought it last yr.

if you are getting fiberglass floors with snap in carpet, swim platform etc... that would sound about right.

good luck

Comment

got my left over 08 in 09 for 12k. You can do alot better since the season is half over.

Comment

Working...
                X