No announcement yet.

Regulations regarding direction of boat travel on a lake-gctid402562

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm wondering if the cop was hanging out in that map feature called Jackass Cove?

Comment

dwoodford wrote:
      Any state that I've lived in (upper mid west) the law on the water was this in a nut shell ,you travel as if you were on a two lane road meaning starboard to shore. this law would make sense to keep things from getting crazy on smaller water ways but I would think on larger water ways without much congestion it shouldn't apply as long as you maintain the rule that when you meet an on coming boat you pass port to port. It amazes my how many people don't do either :bang-then the law of defensive driving kicks in just my 2 cents
      Neither Wisconsin nor Illinois have these laws, Michigan defines "counter-clockwise" on some (many?) lakes, as do many smaller busy lakes and private lakes in many states... I think enforcement is usually limited to watersports activities though and not typically navigation.

Comment

whiskywizard wrote:
        Wrong guy to kid about showing hot chic pics! He'll post stuff that will have this thread shut down so fast ...

Comment

Saintjon wrote:
          Where are Carlos's other galleries anyway? MobileMe is shut down.

Comment

From my experience, most inland lakes have a "counter-clockwise" rule, as much as it's possible to do that based on the shape of the lake. Otherwise it's like the scene in Caddyshack where Rodney is attempting to drive his yacht across the bay - boats, pwc, etc. coming at you in all directions with little to no adherence to stand-on/give-way.

Comment

With the Dumbing Down of American people, I can understand a rule like this.... but sheesh!

What's wrong with a 200 or 300 foot separation rule, a 200 foot No Wake rule, and a pass port to port rule all rolled up into one criteria?

Rick E. (aka RicardoMarine) Gresham, Oregon
              2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
              Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
              Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
              Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Please, no PMs. Ask your questions on forum.

Comment

SwampNut wrote:
                The circular traffic rule generally applies on very small lakes, and yes, it certainly applies in AZ, CA, and NV. Those are the states I've done a lot of boating in and studied the regs. It starts to become highly illogical on large non-round lakes. Our shoreline is rough and complicated, and it's a big lake.

LOL. That's exactly what my friend said when she asked, "Why would they stop me?" He says, "Their called boobs, you have a lot of 'em."

I'm sending a letter to the sheriff even though the last one didn't get an answer. If this one doesn't also, I will follow up to the county commissioner and to the state AG. I now have two different laws that the cops seem to have simply made up on our lake.

A friend who is a land cop said: "If we don't want to deal with dumb deputies in our stations, we get them sent to your lake!" Sheesh.

Here's approximately her path, and it's a perfectly normal one that hundreds of boats take every day when they head to the marina at the Southeast end of the lake.

Hmmm....Looks like she was coming from Humbug...I spent many a Sunday afternoon there.

Comment

I wonder if going in reverse would help? At least the correct side of the boat is towards land.

Comment

trophyboat wrote:
                    I wonder if going in reverse would help? At least the correct side of the boat is towards land.
                    Interesting idea... in reverse with or without breasts?

Comment

ishiboo wrote:
                      Where are Carlos's other galleries anyway? MobileMe is shut down.
                      I had to quit looking at his gallery.

Jealousy you know.

Beautiful water, beautiful ladies, beautiful boats. Sigh.
                      Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."

Comment

Alaskanmutt wrote:
                        I had to quit looking at his gallery.

Jealousy you know.

Beautiful water, beautiful ladies, beautiful boats. Sigh.
                        We have ladies here... what pisses me off is the weather/boating season length!

Comment

Dean, I wonder if that three breasted lady was given a role in the new Total Recal movie!

As for the lake rules, I just figured it out, but a question must be answered first.

When you pull the drain plug in the lake, which direction will the water swirl while draining?

Hey.... don't laugh......., it could have something to do with this!

Rick E. (aka RicardoMarine) Gresham, Oregon
                          2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
                          Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
                          Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
                          Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Please, no PMs. Ask your questions on forum.

Comment

ishiboo wrote:
                            Interesting idea... in reverse with or without breasts?
                            If the choice is with or without breasts, I vote for breasts.

Comment

Working...
                            X