AC Panel Indicator Lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC Panel Indicator Lights

The AC Power Available/Reverse polarity light on my '98 2655 Ciera for Line 1 is not working (well). I found that there was no wiring to it when I pulled the panel, so I fabricated some wires and connected it just as the Line 2 light is connected. The green Line 1 light seems to be flickering very faintly. Suspect there are small neon bulbs in the switches and perhaps the Line 1 bulb is bad. Main question - looking for a direct replacement source for the rectangular, as well as the small LED ones next it which also are not working. Anyone else have like indicators and know where they can be purchased. My google results are showing hundreds of "marine" panel lights but nothing like the rectangular dual color one in the panel. TIA.
    Attached Files
    1998 BL Ciera 2655 Sunbridge LX (Special Edition)
    "Sea Flights"
    5.7L 2bbl w/Thunderbolt Ignition
    Alpha I Gen II Sterndrive with raw water cooling
    MFG Extra's - A/C, Fresh Water Engine Flush port, HWH and Windlass
    Docks @ Punta Gorda, Florida

I rebuilt my indicators using LEDs in the original case. Unfortunately it looks like the pictures went away with the changeover, but here’s a link to the post that does have the description. https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...ts-gctid798787
    If you’ll pm me I can send you the pictures and part numbers if the lights I used.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
    MMSI 367770440
    1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
    Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

I removed the rectangular light from the panel, popped it opened, removed the guts, and reassembled. Then I mounted a red and a green blue seas 120 v AC LED's in it by drilling holes straight through the lens and out the back of the switch housing. I believe Pcpete came up with that solution. Its cheap too. LED's here:https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Syst...ms+120v+ac+led
      1993 Bayliner 3058 Cierra
      Twin 4.3L V6's
      Alpha 1 Gen II Drives
      Moored in Everett, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond_Boat View Post
        I removed the rectangular light from the panel, popped it opened, removed the guts, and reassembled. Then I mounted a red and a green blue seas 120 v AC LED's in it by drilling holes straight through the lens and out the back of the switch housing. I believe Pcpete came up with that solution. Its cheap too. LED's here:https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Syst...ms+120v+ac+led
        Thanks. You and Pete have the solution. Looks fairly simple --- now just to get the time to do it scheduled. I thought retirement would provide a bunch of it, but when working for the admiral it seems to be less for some reason! Thanks again.
        "Sea Flights"

Comment

Originally posted by Pcpete View Post
          I rebuilt my indicators using LEDs in the original case. Unfortunately it looks like the pictures went away with the changeover, but here’s a link to the post that does have the description. https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...ts-gctid798787
          If you’ll pm me I can send you the pictures and part numbers if the lights I used.
          Thanks Pete. Appreciate the pics/process.
          "Sea Flights"

Comment

Thanks for the thread. My 2850 has the same issue. Now I have the fix.
            Ted G
            81 2555 Saratoga Sun Bridge
            5.7 Volvo 290 DP OD
            (soon 4 sale)

86 2850 Contessa
            Mercury 350 Mag
            290 Volvo DP

Comment

• Pcpete
              Pcpete commented
              Editing a comment
              If you want the pictures, pm me your email. Now that I have an emai I can edit, it’s easy to share.

Anybody who wants the pictures that go with the narrative, pm me your email. I’m happy to share any solutions I’ve come up with, sharing experience and networking is what this site is all about. I’ve used a lot of solutions and experiences from others here.
            P/C Pete
            Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
            1988 3818 "GLAUBEN
            Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
            1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
            MMSI 367770440
            1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
            Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

Great lakes Skipper has the original indicator lamps in stock. Last I checked I think it said "hundreds" in stock.. But that was a couple years back.
              1986 Bayliner Contessa 2850
              In over my head for sure!!
              M/V SKUA refit
              https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...ak-gctid499442

Comment

Originally posted by SKUA_28_Contessa View Post
                Great lakes Skipper has the original indicator lamps in stock. Last I checked I think it said "hundreds" in stock.. But that was a couple years back.
                Thanks for that input. I checked with GLS and unfortunately they do not carry them any longer. BUT - they do remember selling them and sent me the OE Mfg of the lights (SoLiCo). I am waiting to hear back from them as to availability and pricing, but others can see them at this link: http://solico.com/products/rectangul...icator-lights/

Hope that helps others in the future.
                "Sea Flights"

Comment

. I checked their website. It's notoriously disjointed and hard to search. I see they still have them in white. https://greatlakesskipper.com/standa...activity-light
                  Sorry they are out of the black. its where I got mine.
                  1986 Bayliner Contessa 2850
                  In over my head for sure!!
                  M/V SKUA refit
                  https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...ak-gctid499442

Comment

Originally posted by SKUA_28_Contessa View Post
                    . I checked their website. It's notoriously disjointed and hard to search. I see they still have them in white. https://greatlakesskipper.com/standa...activity-light
                    Sorry they are out of the black. its where I got mine.
                    thank you for the link to the light.... I was following this thread and wondering when someone would post the part number to the light.... a DIY upgrade to LED is easy enough to do if one has a foundation to build on, but when the OE light has been removed or FUBAR'ed by some PO, there is no option to upgrade it...

NU LIBERTE'
                    Salem, OR

1989 Bayliner 2556 Convertible
                    5.7 OMC Cobra - 15.5x11 prop
                    N2K equipped throughout..
                    2014 Ram 3500 crew cab, 6.7 Cummins
                    2007 M-3705 SLC weekend warrior, 5th wheel
                    '04 Polaris Sportsman 700 -- '05 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO
                    Heavy Equipment Repair and Specialty Welding

Comment

does anyone have the manufacture part number of the black bezeled light with the spade terminals?....

NU LIBERTE'
                      Salem, OR

Comment

Originally posted by pgiconch View Post

the OE Mfg of the lights (SoLiCo). I am waiting to hear back from them as to availability and pricing
                        I checked their site and I think I deciphered the part number as 3450450193AD... or 195AD. when/if you hear back from solico, please let me know what you find out as I would like to purchase at least one that looks OEM...

NU LIBERTE'
                        Salem, OR

Comment

Originally posted by Centerline2 View Post

I checked their site and I think I deciphered the part number as 3450450193AD... or 195AD. when/if you hear back from solico, please let me know what you find out as I would like to purchase at least one that looks OEM...
                          Yes,that is the Silico code. The unit still at Great Lakes Skipper will fit, but is the 240V system light. I (and others) require the 125V units - and I also prefer to keep the black. I had spoken with Andrew at GALS about the issue. He knew he had the 240v units, but not the 125v model. Unfortunately, the MFG only deals in wholesale, so I am still tracking retailers. Found one that has the 125v in black but with red/Amber lens. I suspect for some (even me in a pinch) I could live with the Amber color indicating on, but the shop isn't open until Monday. I also have another place to call on Monday. Will update.ate with a good source for the 125v/BLK model if/when I find it. Unless someone beats us to it.
                          "Sea Flights"

Comment

Originally posted by Centerline2 View Post

Correct. The last 3 indicate lens type/color (a=red, b=green). The 3 or 5 indicate the lens style, flat, diamond, plain, etc.
                            "Sea Flights"

Comment

Working...
                            X