Steering cable 245

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering cable 245

Hi guys. My steering has become very stiff and i believevis time to replace the cable and also the helm assembly. Does anyone know the lenght of the cable on a 2004 bayliner ciera 245? The 2455 is the same just in case.
    i have been looking on the cable sheath and there is no part numbers stamped in it. Any help will be really appreciated
    Going Green, Going Global!!!

In case someone needs the information the lenght is 15' the difference is night and day. Took my 7yo boy today with me for a spin and he piloted both ways.
    Going Green, Going Global!!!

Comment

I’ve been putting mine off a while too. You probably won’t find a useable number on there . Unfortunately you’ll be stuck doing the tape measure thing I’m afraid. Then just order by length. On mine anyways it’s a pain to do in the boat so like me you may as well just pull the old one. Take a few pics while you’re doing it for memories sake

Comment

If anyone needs a new rack and pinion cable for a 2858/288 upper helm, I've got a new one that I never got around to installing before I sold and move up. I'd let it go for a reasonable price!

James
        1989 Bayliner 3888, 175 Hinos,
        Hurth 630's Onan 8kw MDKD
        Lowrance Electronics!
        MMSI
        VHF CFA2587
        Boating on Georgian Bay

Comment

I just installed a new steering in my 2002 wa and when taking out my old rack system I saw the number on the jacket about a foot down from the helm and also I found but couldn’t read it was about a foot up from the engine end.

Comment

Originally posted by MacPhid View Post
            If anyone needs a new rack and pinion cable for a 2858/288 upper helm, I've got a new one that I never got around to installing before I sold and move up. I'd let it go for a reasonable price!

James
            I may take you up on that.
            Jeff & Tara
            (And Ginger too)
            Lake Havasu City, AZ
            sigpic
            2000 Bayliner 2858
            "GETAWAY"
            MMSI: 338094599
            In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Working...
            X