drain plug Led light-gctid402174

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drain plug Led light-gctid402174

good day all;After seeing this drain plug ledlight on this forum I ordered one from the supplier.When I had it installed I was told the wires get to hot when the battery charger on board comes on;therfore my mechanic would not install it.Does anyone have an idea what options I have to get this to work?

thanks to all

Tony Da DJ wrote:
    good day all;After seeing this drain plug ledlight on this forum I ordered one from the supplier.When I had it installed I was told the wires get to hot when the battery charger on board comes on;therfore my mechanic would not install it.Does anyone have an idea what options I have to get this to work?

thanks to all
    Just wire the Hot side to what ever switch you would use during night time hours (Nav Lights) and be done with it.

Comment

3 wide wrote:
      Just wire the Hot side to what ever switch you would use during night time hours (Nav Lights) and be done with it.
      I agree with 3 wide, I don't see how it would become hot running off the 12 volt system. Leds draw very little amps. Wire it into your nav lights, add a fuse if you are worried about it.

Comment

Your mechanic is a smart guy. I would not install it either. That 'cool' look, to simply impress the fish, could burn your boat to the water line

Vic

Ft Myers
        Vic Stewart SN
        Past Commander
        Cape Fear Power Squadron
        Ft Myers Power Squadron
        1998 2859 7.4 L/B2
        Raw water cooled

Comment

Vic Stewart wrote:
          Your mechanic is a smart guy. I would not install it either. That 'cool' look, to simply impress the fish, could burn your boat to the water line

Vic

Ft Myers
          That is what fuses are for. Not sure I can imagine your scenario. Lots of people are running underwater lights.

Comment

When I had it installed I was told the wires get to hot when the battery charger on board comes on;therfore my mechanic would not install it.
            Your mechanic is a moron. The way to get it installed is to find a new mechanic, at least for electrical work.

Comment

the wires get to hot when the battery charger on board comes on;
              If this is what he said, word for word then my only question is :

[SIZE]5 wrote:
              WTH ??[/SIZE]
              " WET EVER "
              1989 2459 TROPHY OFFSHORE 5.8L COBRA / SX
              mmsi 338108404
              mmsi 338124956
              "I started with nothing and still have most of it left"

Comment

Working...