Easy Macerator Fix-gctid402047

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy Macerator Fix-gctid402047

My macerator jammed and blew the fuse a while back and finally got the initiative to get the smelly stinkin job done. I pleasantly found out the end of the motor shaft has a slot for a regular flat screw driver which I simply turned and all is repaired. Smart move by the Jabsco engineers. Basically a FYI post if this ever happens to someone else the fix is rather easy.
    Cheers, Hans
    2007 Carver 41 CMY
    Twin Volvo D6-370
    Montreal, Canada
    Midnight Sun I Photos

I will put that in my "just in case this happens" file. Good info, thanks!

Comment

Yep. Just like a kitchen garburator.

I can also add: sometimes the manual shaft screw will turn easily but doesn't fix it (long threads, hair, fishing line, or god knows what my son put in there!). Simply reverse the wires and run it for a few seconds. Macerator will run in reverse and 'unwind' the clog. Visit a pump out station and clear the tank to ensure whatever that was does not get sucked back into the macerator.

Comment

While this is definitely worth a try to fix an immediate problem, I would look deeper into it once you get the chance. Macerator impellers and motors do go to heck.

You should treat this as an early warning - just as you would with a garbage disposal.

Comment

PugetMike wrote:
          While this is definitely worth a try to fix an immediate problem, I would look deeper into it once you get the chance. Macerator impellers and motors do go to heck.

You should treat this as an early warning - just as you would with a garbage disposal.
          I don't know how much deeper I'd want to look into that.

Nice to know you can spin it externally, no need to stick your finger in there to give it a push.

Comment

Working...
          X