Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 Ciera 305 macerator help-gctid402013

Hi all,

We just bought our first Bayliner. It is a Ciera 305. Very nice boat.

I have question about the macerator pump. When we are in allowed distance and travelling all i need to do to empty the toilet is to press 2 buttons under the rightside of the control wheel. Thats all right ? We tried it and nearly for 3 hours we can still smell it. Can you please help.

Welcome to BOC. Not sure we have enough info here, but basically, yes, pressing the two buttons (I can't remember off the top of my head the direction to press) activates the pump and discharges overboard. Ensure the seacock is open. If your doing this underway, I don't think you should be smelling anything. Try stopping in the water, shutting everything off and activating the pump - you should hear the pump running, and, if there is anything in the tank, should see it discharge.
    Mike & Dixi
    2006 265 5.0 MPI B3
    Closed Cooling

Comment

Where is the seacock for it?

Comment

Just because you have a macerated does not mean you can dump. I think most places you have to be a mile off shore to dump waste. Find out what rules and regulations for operating your boat and all its systems for you area before you use them to save yourself possible problems. My boat has a macerator but I don't bother using it. I hit the pump out station by my canal.

Comment

Ciera*

Comment

Thanks for the correction for Ciera.

I said that i am dumping it in the allowed zones so no need to be angry.

Comment

There was no anger just a statement.
              Jim McNeely
              New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
              Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
              Brighton, Michigan USA
              MMSI # 367393410

Comment

hah no worries.

If it still smells, where is it coming from? It should dump under the swim platofrm (mine does atleast). Is it coming from back there or something? Did some leak into the engine bay somehow?

I am not sure why it would continue to smell...

Comment

If the seacock was not open when the two buttons were pushed, the pump pressure may have forced waste into the bilge via a loose hose or hose fitting. Thus, the smell.

Comment

The smell is coming from under the swim platform. My first reaction was to check the engine rooms but there was no dump there as far as see. As i said i dont know where the seacock is so may be it is closed and causes leaks but can not be seen from above.

Comment

I'm not that familiar with your boat but I do not believe a seacock is involved with pumping out the waste.

Usually the seacock controls incoming raw water to flush with.

What you may have is a " Y" valve. This directs the waste to either the deck fitting (for a waste staion pump out) or an overboard dischage.

It may even have an off position.

The Y valve is not required by law, at least not in the US so you may not even have one.

If you do have one it is required be be locked and secured to prevent accidental discharge.

I have heard of people taking these out completely , eliminating the overboard option entirely.

So you will need to find it ( if you even have one ) and put in in the correct position for overboard discharge.

This link has a few schematics that may help you track it down

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...-Holding-Tanks

Good luck and hope this helps.

Comment

Just for information in case anyone has any questions:

More than three miles from the coast it is legal to discharge raw (untreated) waste overboard, either directly from the toilet or by emptying the holding tank.

Note you must be at least 3 miles off shore, (not the Great Lakes)

Comment

Kelly your probably right, my 2355 had no seacock and my current 3055 has no seacock as well. Though i have no Y valve either. My 3055 waste goes from either a separate line to deck fitting, or separate line to macerator to outside boat. No y valves, no seacocks, just straight though. My 2355 was the same way, tbqh I think they both had the same macerator too.

How about the OP tries to run some tank treatment through? Musta been pretty rancid stuff to keep smelling tbqh.

Comment

On my 2002 Ciera 2655, I do not have a Y valve in my holding tank pumpout system. I have two hoses leaving the holding tank. One hose runs upward to a deck fitting above the swim step where I can pump out the waste using a pumpout station suction hose. The other hose exiting the holding tank goes to the macerator. When in use, the macerator pulls waste from the holding tank and sends it through a hose in the engine compartment to a location under the swim step where the hose connects to a seacock. I must open the seacock to allow the waste being pumped by the macerator to be pumped overboard. I do prefer the seacock set up in order to be secure against a hose or hose clamp failure if there was no seacock at the discharge end of the waste hose.

Comment

Where is the holding tank in 305? I need to check if mine have a Y valve or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X