No announcement yet.

USCG documentation - guess I know why they're in WVA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I'll try this again . . . typed it all out, added an emoji and POOF - no words in the reply section . . . hmmm.

Anyway, after my last rejection letter, I decided to ask for some additional help from the marina. They apparently have the necessary paperwork to "satisfy" the CG . . . or, at least, they think so. They took it over and have submitted the requested paperwork to fill in the blanks from the original owners to the marina and that will hopefully fill in the blanks . . . . guess we get to wait another 3-4 months and see what else it is that they want . . . .

After reading your comments and doing some thinking on my own, I'm starting to wonder if "doing the documentation dance" is worth it . . . I'm in it now for the year . . . have to wait and see . .. . stay tuned
    1998 Avanti 3685 - "Dad's Dream" w 454 Mercs - just a rockin' an'a rollin'
    Former - "Home Aweigh" 2003 - 2452 Bayliner Cierra Classic Hardtop Cruiser
    WQQM835 MMSI: 338147209
    James H. Stradling

Comment

If you are financing or selling it to someone in the future, financing companies want documentation on the larger boats.
      Reason is: Someone might sell a boat with a balance due and not pay it.
      Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
      Twin 350 GM power
      Located in Seward, AK
      Retired marine surveyor

Comment

I know your pain! Although you have a few more obsticales to over come.
        My advice;
        hire a trusted service to handle it.
        make sure the boat name is the one you want forever, as it is a pain to change especially if a bank is envollved
        if you have a deadline like a trip out of country, start 3-6 months in advance.
        Never let the documentation lapse!
        good luck !
        Jay J.
        98' 3587 - Respite
        Twin 250 Cummins diesel
        Camano Island Wa.

Comment

SUCCESS!!!!! Yes, it's all done. After numerous attempts and 9 months of waiting, sending money, then resending the info and waiting; the perseverance has paid off - the boat is fully documented with the name change and hailing port . . . now, to make sure it doesn't lapse. I don't want to go through all of this again . . ever. The final "coupe-de-etat" (poetic license . . . yeah, I know - revoked!) was the efforts of my marina personnel at Dredge Harbor in NJ. They contacted the CG (through some private channel probably cause I could never get through) I guess and verified what paperwork they needed and then sent it to them (the CG). Received all the documents in my email yesterday!! Happy Camper here!!
          James H. Stradling

Comment

The Coast Guard will send you a renewal notice each year.
            The renewal can be done online, same fee, $26.00.

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
            Twin 350 GM power
            Located in Seward, AK
            Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Originally posted by boatworkfl View Post
              The Coast Guard will send you a renewal notice each year.
              The renewal can be done online, same fee, $26.00.
              Yeah, that's what I understand. Also to beware of the scams by those posing as CG "helpers". You guys are ok!
              James H. Stradling

Comment

Originally posted by Dadrock33 View Post

Yeah, that's what I understand. Also to beware of the scams by those posing as CG "helpers". You guys are ok!
                They almost got me a while back, then I received my renewal in the mail.
                I just went online and renewed $26.00

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
                Twin 350 GM power
                Located in Seward, AK
                Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Working...
                X