2270 purchase-gctid401705

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2270 purchase-gctid401705

Hi. I'm looking for pro and con comments on a boat I might purchase.

1984 2270 with upgrade chevy 350 and matching volvo outdrive.

Other than gas consumpion, what might beware of?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

I had a 2270 and personally think that boat may handle a little squirrelly with that 350 in there! May be too much power for this hull design.

Comment

I looked at three different 2670's and found them all to have rotten stringers and transoms. be very careful and if you find one you like, get a survey.

pat

Comment

Bob, check it out thoroughly, but there's a good chance that when they re-powered, they took care of any issues.

I'd sure do a sea trial.

If this is one of the semi-displacement hulls, it may not be real good at the higher speeds. In which case the V-8 power may be more than it can handle. You'll find this out when you trial it.

As for Volvo Penta, this is a good choice.
        Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
        2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
        Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
        Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
        Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Above around 20kts, it's going to get unstable and start feeling like a sno-saucer(closest way to describe it). These weren't designed for speed and to have that much boat out of the water, the owner probably had a scare is why it's for sale. If you can exercise restraint on the throttle and run 17-18kts it will be ok. I have all the parts and engine to put a 350 in my 2270 and I haven't done it, and won't. Another BOC'er has a 4.3L in a 2670 and it's a more reasonable fit but top speed is still a bit dicey.

Something that might be feasable if you like the boat otherwise would be to try and swap someone wanting more ponies for their 4.3L.

Comment

Working...
          X