Bayliner 3055 port engine carb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayliner 3055 port engine carb

Hi all, my port side carburettor is getting a bit old so I need to swap it out, any recommendations on where to get one at a good price and how much would I be looking at? Mercruiser gas engine

http://flyingfishcarburetors.com/Y38-1Mercruiser.htm
    Sea Venture
    2000 3055, 5.7/B2, 18x23" props
    Cruising the PNW and beyond.
    DIYC, Riverhouse Marina
    MMSI 316029971

Kirk
    Drinks well with others.

Comment

3055 should be equipped with Merc's tiniest intake & 2 barrel carb... great time to replace both, wake that baby up!
      Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
      Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
      93 3058 sold
      92 2855 (day boat)
      91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
      Longbranch WA
      Life is Good

Comment

Originally posted by Medders View Post
      Hi all, my port side carburettor is getting a bit old so I need to swap it out, any recommendations on where to get one at a good price and how much would I be looking at? Mercruiser gas engine
      So what problem are you trying to solve? Is it running poorly? Hard to start?
      Doug
      Hanging Loose
      98 Carver 350 Mariner
      2013-
      KRUSTY KRAB
      2001 305
      5.7 BII
      2006-2013

Comment

Yes it can be hard to start at times, and it wasn’t replaced when the engine was, so must be 17 years old !!

Comment

Originally posted by Medders View Post
          Yes it can be hard to start at times, and it wasn’t replaced when the engine was, so must be 17 years old !!
          Is it a cold start issue or all the time? As I recall mine was always a little hard to start after sitting for a week. I don't know what part of the country you're in but it if your boat's laid up for the winter, just pull your carb and have it rebuilt. Pretty easy job on a 2bbl and should save a bit of dough.
          Doug
          Hanging Loose
          98 Carver 350 Mariner
          2013-
          KRUSTY KRAB
          2001 305
          5.7 BII
          2006-2013

Comment

Since I’ve taken her out a few times the carb is fine now ! Just have squeaky belt haha

Comment

Working...
            X