Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kidde fire extinguisher recall customer service.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kidde fire extinguisher recall customer service.

Just got my replacement extinguishers. All my marine units were replaced with home use units, of different size, shape and color. Awesome!!! Pay more for marine certified umits, that turn out to be junk, and when recalled, replaced with lower cost home units.
    1986 Bayliner Contessa 2850
    In over my head for sure!!
    M/V SKUA refit
    https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...ak-gctid499442

https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...contessa-refit

Same thing happened to me

Comment

My marine bottles were replaced within a couple of weeks with something reasonably similar to what I had.

The larger problem I have is that my fleet of rental motorhomes have the recalled extinguishers with no ETA on receipt of replacements. It’s a real goatrope.
      Mocoondo
      2002 Bayliner 195 Capri
      Mercruiser 5.0L V8 / Alpha I Gen II
      MMSI: 338091755

Comment

I tried to contact Kidde about my 2 white extinguishes by using there web site and was not able to send the info so called there 800# aand gave them the info and was told that because of the holiday that they would not be shipped for probably 10 to 14 days! That was before Turkey Day! Then after T Day got an email asking for more info, another phone call to get that taken care of and the date of shipment as being 10 days later! Still no replacements and tree emails to them with no response!
        Going to call then again tomorrow and make a complaint! Not that I think that will help!
        They have one of the worst customer service that I have seen!
        There customer service # is 1800-880-6788
        Don
        1995 Maxum 2400 SCR LUNA DE MIEL
        1988 Bayliner 2455 (sold)
        1976 Tahiti 16.5 I/O (sold)
        10 ft livingston (lost in fire )
        1987 18ft. Seaswirl cuddy (lost in fire)
        "Is it better to be on a boat thinking about God, or be in church thinking about boating?"

Comment

Originally posted by Don77 View Post
          I tried to contact Kidde about my 2 white extinguishes by using there web site and was not able to send the info so called there 800# aand gave them the info and was told that because of the holiday that they would not be shipped for probably 10 to 14 days! That was before Turkey Day! Then after T Day got an email asking for more info, another phone call to get that taken care of and the date of shipment as being 10 days later! Still no replacements and tree emails to them with no response!
          Going to call then again tomorrow and make a complaint! Not that I think that will help!
          They have one of the worst customer service that I have seen!
          There customer service # is 1800-880-6788
          Don
          I've actually had good customer service from Kidde on a few issues over the years. The problem here is the massive recall. No company is set up to handle the huge influx of calls.

I handled the recall online a three weeks ago. I just got a notice from FedEx that I will have a delivery from Kidde coming tomorrow.
          1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
          2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
          Anacortes, WA
          Isla Verde, PR

Comment

Just when I was starting to get a little edgy, the FedEx truck pulled up and discharged a load of replacement fire extinguishers. A little slower than expected, but they made good on their promise and replaced all of my defective bottles.
            Mocoondo
            2002 Bayliner 195 Capri
            Mercruiser 5.0L V8 / Alpha I Gen II
            MMSI: 338091755

Comment

I am still waiting!!!!!!
              On info from Kidde yet!!!
              Don
              "Is it better to be on a boat thinking about God, or be in church thinking about boating?"

Comment

I just tried to call Kidde on my request to have my 2 white extingushers replaced an on answer!
                So I resubmitted again! Thats four trys at getting them replaced!
                Kidde has the worst customer service I have seen! They should have there USCG approval removed!
                Don

Comment

My 4 bottles just arrived by courier, 2 red and 2 white as I previously had. now I need to get them hung in their proper places as the old holders seem a little tight for the new bottles.
                  "Adios Dinero"
                  1997 3988 with new 330 Cummins
                  Photo Credit: Whiskywizard

Comment

I just received my last firex from Kidde - 6 total. All but one were replaced one-for-one as far as size and color was concerned. The one exception was a firex on my travel trailer. The original was a compact, push button model and was replaced with a slightly larger lever model. The new one does not fit in the built-in alcove; I'll have to modify the area slightly. I expected this to be the case because Kidde no longer makes small diameter, push-button extinguishers.

My boat already had fire extinguishers with metal valves; all the replacements were for the house, garage, and RV. While all but one are red, they are all USCG certified.
                    Anacortes, WA
                    Isla Verde, PR

Comment

Mine came in about two weeks or so. They still have plastic handles but there is a pull pin on the unit which is a different design from the old ones. I threw the old ones in my dock box. If they were needed, maybe i’d Get some use out of them. They are still correctly charged.
                      1990 2755 - sold
                      2005 275 - sold (now boatless)

Comment

Old thread I know. Life has been been keeping my focus elsewhere lately. One of my replacement extinguishers is already dead, lost it's charge, while the originals, are still fully charged. The problems where with the valves that wouldn't discharge when needed, but now the extinguishers just die, great.,
                        1986 Bayliner Contessa 2850
                        In over my head for sure!!
                        M/V SKUA refit
                        https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...ak-gctid499442

https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...contessa-refit

Comment

Originally posted by SKUA_28_Contessa View Post
                          Old thread I know. Life has been been keeping my focus elsewhere lately. One of my replacement extinguishers is already dead, lost it's charge, while the originals, are still fully charged. The problems where with the valves that wouldn't discharge when needed, but now the extinguishers just die, great.,
                          I think its a fluke. After retiring I worked PT as a fleet manager in charge of large vehicle fleet. I replaced about 70 extinguishers as soon as the recall came out, and none of the new ones leaked or failed in any way.
                          Anacortes, WA
                          Isla Verde, PR

Comment

Working...
                          X