scratches on blue part of hte hull-gctid400989

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scratches on blue part of hte hull-gctid400989

I have a 2008, 325. I have the blue on the sides of hte hull. I have a few scratches, they are deep enough so you can see white through them.

There are 2 scratches each about 10 ft. long.

I don[t want to try to replace the whole side, is ther anything I can use to make them less noticeable?

Even a coloured crayon can help fill the scratches in so that they are not so noticeable.

I ordered my 246 with a white hull for precisely this reason. (The inevitable docking crash).
    2007 Discovery 246
    300mpi BIII
    Welcome island Lake Superior

Comment

touch-up paint from your auto-parts store. Apply thin coats, then buff... it'll look great from 10'

Comment

If you actually went thru the gelcoat, there are gelcoat patching kits available from any marine supplier like West Marine.

Comment

My last boat, a Chapparal, had a foot wide blue stripe at the dock post level. What I did was to get the little bottles of touchup pain t for cars, with the applicator (small paint brush) built in the cap/

It takes a bit of patence, but it shpud blend in. I took a pic of teh boat and 3 bottles were close. One was almost exact and at 10' was invisible.
          Captharv 2001 2452
          "When the draft of your boat exceeds the depth of water, you are aground"

Comment

Capt Davey wrote:
            I have a 2008, 325. I have the blue on the sides of hte hull. I have a few scratches, they are deep enough so you can see white through them.

There are 2 scratches each about 10 ft. long.

I don[t want to try to replace the whole side, is ther anything I can use to make them less noticeable?
            Capt Davey: Check around and try to find a gelcoat guy that will take care of it for you. You'll be happier about it and come trade-in time, you won't be penalized for it. Email me at [email protected]. Griff

Comment

I'm not 100% but I'm fairly certain the OP is referring to the vinyl decal and not the gelcoat.

Comment

I have a 2011 Ciera and did the same thing...and I'm sure it will not be the last time. I'm going to see if the dealer would do this for me while I get some warrenty work done...afterall it takes lots of gas to get my boat up to his marina... PS There are LOTS of boats with this color on the water

Comment

The scratches are on the vinal decal, sorry, I didn't mention this in the first question.

Comment

We have a 2006 325 and the blue on ours is not vinyl it is gelcoat. And yes, I hate to admit I have had to have it repaired more than once but have been very satisfied with a local gelcoat repair service.

Comment

Working...
                    X