Surveyor Recommendation - Sidney / Victoria area on Vancouver Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surveyor Recommendation - Sidney / Victoria area on Vancouver Island

My son is planning to offer on an older 36' sailboat located in Sidney, BC. Can anyone recommend a good surveyor from that area?
    Mike
    "Allante I" Rayburn 75
    Previous: '97 4788

I used these guys when I bought my boat in 2006. they came highly recommended and I was pleased with the report. He would not do the survey without me being present. Provided instruction and info on the boat as he did the survey.

Total Boat Marine Surveyors Limited

Kelly Thody, NAMS Global Certified Marine Surveyor

P.O. Box 2571, Sidney, B.C. V8L 4C1

250-508-4418

John McLellan White Rock BC
    "Halifax Jack"
    1999 2855 383 stroker BII
    MMSI 316004337

Comment

Thanks John.
      Mike
      "Allante I" Rayburn 75

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of "The Marine Butler Limited"? Surveyors - Dale Loveday and Michael Loveday? They are based in Nanaimo and Sidney.
        Mike
        "Allante I" Rayburn 75

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteRockMike View Post
          Does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of "The Marine Butler Limited"? Surveyors - Dale Loveday and Michael Loveday? They are based in Nanaimo and Sidney.
          I used them for my first recreational boat purchase. The son is supposed to be "red label" certified mechanic that did the engine(s) inspection. Got an oil analysis, but that was it for about $500 worth. The survey was light on what was wrong with the boat, but heavy on photos, so there were many pages. Looks impressive. Would not allow me to be present during survey. For my next boat, I will not be using them.

Comment

Good to know, thanks Joe.
            Mike
            "Allante I" Rayburn 75

Comment

Working...
            X