Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayliner 275 Rain water leak-gctid400863

Hi,

My first post to the forum, so highly appreciate any help the members can give. I have a 2006 Bayliner 275, and have noted water behind the panel at the foot (stbd) side of the bedroom area. This has somehow tracked inside and due to weight of the boat has soaked the mattress, getting as far round as the carpet internally at the floor of the stairs. This is a rain ingress, but for the life of me I can not seem to see where this is coming from. Water tests detect no immediate problems...Anyone had similar experiences. Appreciate any help here!!!

Jaemi wrote:
    Hi,

My first post to the forum, so highly appreciate any help the members can give. I have a 2006 Bayliner 275, and have noted water behind the panel at the foot (stbd) side of the bedroom area. This has somehow tracked inside and due to weight of the boat has soaked the mattress, getting as far round as the carpet internally at the floor of the stairs. This is a rain ingress, but for the life of me I can not seem to see where this is coming from. Water tests detect no immediate problems...Anyone had similar experiences. Appreciate any help here!!!
    Aft cabin leaks are quite common. As in most leaks the hull to deck joint is the usual suspect. Check on the outside of your boat around the rubrail. A small application of above the waterline sealant should work just fine. It could be something else but its good place to start.
    Port: Sassafras River Georgetown, MD Bayliner 2000 2855 7.4

http://www.chart.state.md.us/video/v...50fa36c4235c0a

Comment

msd58 wrote:
      Aft cabin leaks are quite common. As in most leaks the hull to deck joint is the usual suspect. Check on the outside of your boat around the rubrail. A small application of above the waterline sealant should work just fine. It could be something else but its good place to start.
      msd58 Is correct. All of my new Bayliners leaked all over the place. Fortunately for me, none as bad as yours (soggy matress). All our leaks were in the cockpit and bilge areas. I guess with cost factors, good quality control water testing is not feasible. Our 325 had at least 6 or 8 rainwater leaks in the bilge. One, a bilge cover drain hose clamp/elbow, dripped on the starboard distributor. My favorite was a blocked aft refrigerator drain hose that accumulated gallons of rainwater in the plastic tub that surrounds the refrigerator. Could have been a spider's nest in there! When the blockage was finally poked, me and both engines got drenched! Griff

Comment

I had a similar problem on our 2004-245SB, it turned out to be the air vents to the engine, there are two service hatches either end of the bed Port & Starboard, when I removed the covers the black duct mechanism behind the grills were not sealed properly. I dismatled and rebonded using sicaflex which cured the problem. Not sure if the new 275 is similar but worth a check...?
        Ross
        Skipper of "Greek Princess"
        Bayliner 245 SB(2004) 5.0L Alpha 1 Gen 2
        I started with nothing and still have most of it left

Comment

msd58 wrote:
          Thank you for the advice, did find some splits in the silicone around the rubrail, As its rained in Norfolk (UK) every day since April I hope this proves the problem.

More later.

Comment

The aft cabin leak in our 305 was tracked down to the windshield bolts - a couple were missing, and many were missing sealant.

Comment

what the heck is it with bayliner and sealant. My boat had a leak on the wiper assembly, one tiny spot of sealant when there should have been globs. The bow rail had an extra hole drilled, no sealant and leaked. Is it really that hard to seal everything properly, is there no QC?

FFS I will pay the extra 500 bucks for your 50 bottles of sealant, SEAL THE DAMN BOATS PROPERLY and people will be MUCH happier...

If your reading this bayliner, you need QC in this part of your production, its an issue that plagues many of your boats.

Comment

biohazard wrote:
                what the heck is it with bayliner and sealant. My boat had a leak on the wiper assembly, one tiny spot of sealant when there should have been globs. The bow rail had an extra hole drilled, no sealant and leaked. Is it really that hard to seal everything properly, is there no qc?

Ffs i will pay the extra 500 bucks for your 50 bottles of sealant, seal the damn boats properly and people will be much happier...

If your reading this bayliner, you need qc in this part of your production, its an issue that plagues many of your boats.
                amen!

Comment

well just returned from holiday and popped down to check the boat, the leak is still their, Q: The lower 'foam gasket' on the wind screen is perished, and short, would anyone suggest cleaning this and sealing this up properly? It seems a potential water ingress area. certainly a path for water to pond and find its way in through perished silicone.

Comment

Did you get this leak sorted?

Comment

Working...
                    X